1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Track Car Suspension Manufacturers

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Oct 14, 2019.

1. sdg

sdg *

Do you happen to remember the color? Edit: never mind. Thanks for all the info here!

2. racerx13

racerx13 Well-Known Member

The 2.0t is a solid fucking motor. Not sure which one is on the MK6, FSI ot TFSI? One of them doesn't have a timing belt anymore, right? Anywho regular maintenance and it'll run for a long time. I know multiple ppl with over 200k on their 2.0t motors (mk5 GTI & b7 audi)

BigBird likes this.
  3. racerx13

Is there a lot different with standard koni i can purchase and the TC kline one? You think it would be cheaper to buy strut and springs separately?

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

You can, but there would be no height adjustment. You may or may not need that.

and that depends on: track, wheel size, tire size, speed, suspension travel, wind, rotational force of a treadmill that particular day, etc.
    Coilovers just give you one more adjustment so you get can get the ride height to potentially have enough travel (granted shocks are the right length) and not rub your wheel inside your fenders.

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

I know my MK7 Gen E888 has a timing chain. They do recommend a cam/balance shaft chain kit w/ new guides and tensioner at around 100k.

The stock block has been easily handling 400-450 pounds of tq and over 500 whp. How long it can handle that is still to be seen, but it's promising and over double stock numbers.

6. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

I don't know, did not have standard shock to compare.
    1st koni picture I posted from autocross car looks same as double adjustable tc has. This shock had shafts shortened and low speed port welded close. You would think wtf but car won national races so hard to argue :). I guess they wanted car almost solid.

BigBird likes this.
  7. TWF2

Think beemer has spring separate from shock on rear end so it only needs threaded collar.
    Front is coil over, would need helper springs. On some cars you can cheat little by moving strut up/down few mm.
    I had e28 for lemons car, you bend shit to get camber :). Like bending forks on purpose to change geometry.

BigBird likes this.
  8. TWF2

This is what I had to do to Cayman to get camber I wanted on front. This car handled really good without spending money.
    Most important stuff was setting up camber, toe, trail, corner balancing and ride height.

Attached Files:

BigBird likes this.
  9. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

TSI, I believe.

It's not the actual motor blowing up that I am worried about- it's all the accessories. Intake manifolds, ABS brake controller, Turbo, water pump, all have been replaced on this car already.

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

So you're saying it's good to go then [emoji106]

Sent from my smatrfone

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

My Golf doesn't have a hole on top to even jerryrig something like that. I Have to drop the suspension to adjust camber. I need to cut the top out, but it'll look like a third grader did it when I get done.

Sent from my smatrfone

12. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Sawzall, post video. :D

BigBird likes this.
  13. racerx13

I found TC kline has adjustable perches you can fit into struts:
    http://www.tcklineracing.com/webdocs/Items/Details424.cfm

Yes you are right the rear is separate shock and spring. Maybe i'm just making this too hard on myself and should just buy something already proven like ohlins : )

BigBird likes this.
  14. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Okay I'll bite.

Intake manifold? Wtf?

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

16. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

BigBird likes this.
  17. BigBird

BigBird blah

been there too many times where the pieces were worth more than the total....well that's like every race bike too :eek:

18. TWF2

Didn't know they make shocks. I know they did springs for lowering and stuff. Wonder who makes shocks.
    Personally I would not even consider them. I don't see what is inside those shocks and don't see parts listed.
    This shops just buy and sell shocks but if you need to fix it down the road they tell you to buy new one.

BigBird likes this.
  19. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Intake manifold on these engines is plastic / composite. Some flapper valve failed and I had to have it replaced. It's a known issue with these cars apparently.

20. Busdriver02

Busdriver02 Well-Known Member

For whatever it's worth, I have a set of 2-way adjustable MCSs on my 2012 mustang. I'm happy with the setup, I wanted an actual motorsports set of dampers without spending JRZ/JRI/Penske money. Bilsteins would have been much less expensive, but without the adjustability.

BigBird likes this.