1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OMG I just booked a Thaïland moto trip with Cretu !!!1!1!

Discussion in 'General' started by cha0s#242, Oct 20, 2019.

1. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

It's extremely reasonable considering what you get and the peace of mind associated with professionnal assistance for a trip of this magnitude. I simply could not envision doing this on my own.

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

don't forget the other helmet

3. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Pregame and postgame shots.
    You need to karaoke "Living on a Prayer" with @gpstar748 somewhere. :)

cha0s#242 likes this.
  4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Good luck and stay safe. :D

[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

[​IMG]

^^^^^^^That's a dude^^^^^^^

FYI

6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Sorry about your recent problems... a trip like this can do wonders to help with your priorities.

I know Brandon has you handled, but PM me if you have any other questions. I ride in both north and south Thailand every year.

7. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

I too will be over there next month, if you see a couple 'Mericans riding by, wave!

8. joec

joec brace yourself

Don't let him talk you into trying Thai boxing.

Phl218 likes this.
  9. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I'm taking off this Thursday night... It's going to be one long-ass haul with 30 hours of transit time, including a 9,5 hours layover in Hong Kong. With the date change line, I'll arrive in Chiang Mai 2 days later ! So far the guys from Thaï Moto Tours (Brandon and his partner Brian) have been very helpful and available to answer every question I had. I'm really psyched to be joining them soon for a great time :) I was debating what type of helmet to bring since we will be essentially riding dirt bikes on paved roads most of the time. Full face of MX helmet ? I could'nt make up my mind so I picked up a sweet Shark Evoline III Modular at a good end of season price, so I hope to be getting the best of both worlds. It should also help with the tropical temperatures expected (over 98F and humidity). I'm also bringing my trusty old Joe Rocket Mesh jacket and some MX gloves.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    Phl218 likes this.
  10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

That’s awesome. Have a great ride!

I ride over there in shorts, close toed sandals, a T-shirt and a five dollar helmet :)

cha0s#242 likes this.
  11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

So the currency exchange rate decreases the value of your head over there?:D

12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

When in Rome...

But seriously, on a CRF250L I am rarely doing more than 35mph. And, keep a good distance from other vehicles.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Let me tell you about my friend (very proficient racer) who highsided at walking speed in the Summit Point paddock between his pit area and the tech inspection shed…

Yes, he suffered a brain injury.

14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'm sorry for your friend. I had a buddy trip and fall down his marble staircase and kill himself.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's messed up.

16. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Was that during a trackday? I think I was there.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah. That false sense of safety we all get when riding slowly can be deadly.

18. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Head is generally much cheaper there

MachineR1, scottn, Sabre699 and 6 others like this.
  19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well played.

20. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

And last 'long long time'...