1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simone Corsi @ ROC on R6

Discussion in 'General' started by sdiver, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Corsi seemed to get up to speed quickly

2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Raining at the big D

3. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

4. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Small grids. Lot of people backed out cuz of the rain.

5. No f ing way is ride that place in the rain.

BigBird and busa99 like this.
  6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Pfft. I would.

Slowly.

7. sbk1198

I have but only on slicks cuz I didn't have rain. Kinda sketchy but doable.

8. sbk1198

Looks like he won the Team Challenge, I think by himself. 1st in class (GTU) and first overall....shocker.

9. Odilup

Odilup Well-Known Member

My boy Miranda behind Corsi. 19 years old, keep an eye out for this kid.

Gino230 likes this.
  10. You ain’t the boss of me.

Knotcher likes this.
  11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

funny... a trackday at jennings got canceled cause of rain this weekend. I wonder how the apron would be in heavy rains! :D

12. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

My second race ever was GTO at Daytona in the rain in 03. We had around 15 rows of combined experts and ams for Bike week. Yesterday’s GTU race was in the rain. I think there were 8 experts and not a single AM went out. I was like someone just to do a fricken lap.

Phl218 likes this.
  13. sbk1198

Yep, if you're going for points, just go do a lap at that point. That's what happened back in March on the last day. It was raining all morning and I didn't have rain tires with me or another spare set of wheels. I just had one race left and I kept hearing a lot of the other guys that I was gonna race with that they're going to just go out and do one lap and come back because they were too sketched out of the track or they also didn't have rains. So I took note of that, and stayed out for 2 laps! :D Ended up ahead of like 4 other people just because I stayed out one more lap lol

BigBird, badmoon692008 and Quicktoy like this.
  14. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

Many moons ago, it was raining on the first weekend of bike week and there was a SERIOUS debate at the riders meeting whether or not to let bikes out on the track for racing. We had already practiced in the rain, so I knew what the conditions were like, and I was all for racing in the rain. The debate between some of the top pro guys and those of us who were not paid to ride went on for about 45 minutes. Turns out it was completely irrelevant......we left the meeting, the rain had stopped, the sun was out, and the track was bone dry.

Moral of the story.....if you don't like the weather in Florida, wait 5 minutes and it will change.

Phl218, sbk1198 and Quicktoy like this.
  15. Apparently Corsi is now winning races. Speculation of course

Phl218 likes this.
  16. Quicktoy

No speculation. I witnessed him win the MWSS race today. More impressive was Greg Melka who sat on Corsi’s ass the whole time and couldn’t even pull Corsi in the draft of the banking unless he and another rider double drafted Corsi to give him a double suck. Meaning Corsi’s bike was fast and Melkman was right there. I was impressed.

BigBird, sanee, SpeedyTide and 5 others like this.
  17. sbk1198

Well this is awkward. Jason Farrell just beat him by 1/10 of a second in MW SB lol And Ryan Jones was only .014 behind Corsi. Washed up Moto 2 guy...psh! :rolleyes:

Quicktoy and 5axis like this.
  18. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Only at Daytona if you're in the lead pack of 8 riders the guy in eighth can draft to the stripe first.

BigBird, Sabre699 and Quicktoy like this.
  19. Quicktoy

And it sucks when you’re out front and you literally feel like you hit a false neutral at 180

BigBird and C-rod like this.
  20. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

To be fair Melka is riding an 08 R6

BigBird, britx303 and Quicktoy like this.