1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Getting Started

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by RoidRageFool, Oct 18, 2019.

1. RoidRageFool

RoidRageFool @FundedByWifeRacing

Hey Everyone,

I am looking for some information on how to join WERA for an experience that I hope to never forget, aka my first race / racing season. I did try to search the forum but was lead to some posts that aren't very recent. Unfortunately, I don't have any close friends who race, (or have motorcycles anymore for that matter), and am not close enough or have contact with many of the guys from the track. I have read the rule book a few times, and have searched through the WERA site, but maybe I am making this more difficult then it should be.

First: I took my race school with motogladiator this summer and completed a mock race. Although it said the certificate would work for WERA, I see they are more CCS focused. So first question is will my certificate work?

2nd. I go to the new member form. I see I need an AMA number, which I think I can get from the link provided on the site. But it also says I need to have the form filled out by officials, as I assume I am provisional novice. So do I send the form in and keep the bottom. Do I am missing something all together.

I know can shoot an email to WERA by I thought I would try here first.

Any help is greatly appreciated. As I has only been a week since my last track day, I am already slipping into a deep sadness, and working on the bike over winter in prep for next year will only help bring joy. HAHA

Thanks

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes their certificate will work. You do need an AMA membership. The form you're talking about is your PN license which you'll get when you send it a membership form or at the track if you handle it all there. You'll get it signed after each of your first two events and the officials will keep it on the second then it goes to the office and the boss sends out your full Novice license.

It is simple but definitely can be confusing. Email is always fine too, I answer them most days and that's what I'm there (and here) for so never worry about asking questions.

3. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

I know bike weekend withdrawal all too well!

Be sure to ask if you need any help on bike prep. I'm sure you'll also find some help when you know which weekend you're going to do. The WERA staff are all great at making things easy, but other racers will be happy to provide some support as well.

4. drop

drop Well-Known Member

What area are you in? You'd be amazed how many people on this forum will help you out.