1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honda 50 value

Discussion in 'General' started by sportracer07, Oct 17, 2019.

1. sportracer07

sportracer07 Well-Known Member

Hey guys I have ran across an old 1969 honda 50 mini trail. It does run but is pretty rough and missing the seat. I want to buy it because I learned to ride on a z50 and it would be a cool pit bike. But my question is,, is it worth the 300 the guy is asking? Seems a bit high to me, but I really have no idea what kind of money these little bikes go for now?

2. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Check PlanetMinis:

https://www.planetminis.com/forums/#general-talk.4

From my perspective, people are spending stupid money on old Honda mini bikes, but different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Is the one you're interested in a step-through model?

<edit> Would you consider it a good pit bike for the $300 plus whatever it will take to fix it?

3. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

Nope, not worth it. Send me his contact info. Need it for a friend.

busa99 likes this.
  4. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

^^^^ Watch out for this guy ^^^^

:p

pscook likes this.
  5. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

I can't comment about the older ones but anything of the current generation people are crazy on what they ask for them. Like a few hundred less than a new one?

6. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Buy it.

7. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

If the paint is good and the fenders and exhaust are original 300 bucks is cheap. 10 years ago a perfect one was 3500 bucks.

8. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

My first bike was a QA 50 Honda

9. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

After seeing the prices being asked at Barber Vintage Fest, I'd say jump on it.

10. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Jump on it like a hobo on a hotdog. $300 for a running '69 is an easy decision. Parts are everywhere. Restoring it would be a labor of love, but "rescuing" the bike and keeping it fairly original is better in my book.

11. KCFirebolt

KCFirebolt Large man. Little bike.

12. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

For things selling for not a lot of money and is being bought more for purpose and sentimental reasons, forget about worth. We’re not talking about thousands of dollars. We’re talking about less than a set of tires. If you have the money to spend to buy it and clean it up, jump on it.

pscook likes this.
  13. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

14. This is my theory as well. There are certain things I want for me and that are important to me. If I pay say an extra $500-1000 it’s worth it to me. May not be to the next person but if I want something for a specific reason I’ll pay for it. Value comes in many forms.

Shenanigans likes this.
  15. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Restored these things are fetching like 5 grand.

16. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

are the late 90s one worth much? i found one for $975 but i really think closer to $650 is a fair price in good shape..

17. KCFirebolt

KCFirebolt Large man. Little bike.

I've desperately wanted a YSR50 since I was in high school, and I'm sure that I'll spend stupid money on clean example in my lifetime driven by pure irrational sentiment.

pscook likes this.
  18. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

19. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

The metal tank models (Z50) have been going up lately . The XR and forward plastic tanked bikes can be had for 5-1200 depending on how much super dad thinks its worth. I think Honda East will put you on a brand damn new one for 1250-1350 OTD.

Shenanigans likes this.
  20. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

CT70 are super plentiful and there's always someone that wants stupid money for one. My CT90 is nice and almost 100 percent original but it's a 800 dollar bike on a good day. There's some bozo in Cheboygan that wants 2500 for his and that's crazy.

But 69-73 mini trail 50s are tougher to find and have a huge following