1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tips at resorts

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Oct 15, 2019.

1. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

This is all an interesting example of game theory.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Intimidation is as good as a tip.

3. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

a good restaurant in a progressive neighborhood in San Diego tried this. no tips, real wages for their staff, and higher prices to account for that. customers weren't paying any extra, but they were pissed to no longer have the option to not pay the tip. IIRC, the experiment lasted about 3months.

Phl218 and R1Racer99 like this.
  4. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Agreed. And I love that Chris is concerned that somehow they will be overlooked or misunderstood, in generosity, in service, etc. Not going to happen. Not with that kind of energy.

Gorilla George likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Look at Uber - the drive to add tipping was from the customers even though part of the initial draw was never having to figure out what to tip.

stangmx13 and Phl218 like this.
  6. jim weaver

jim weaver Well-Known Member

remember to tip the dolphins, take little fish .

Gorilla George likes this.
  7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Mongo by the pool on a cruise.

Why did I picture something like Chewbacca or a much larger Michael J Fox in Teen wolf level of fur....and now i just threw up in my mouth a bit.

8. I definitely need to do that. Ive done it one time before in Panama City and it was awesome. They were wild dolphins. We had to ride jetskis for 20min to get to where they normally feed, and it wasn't a guarantee they would be there.

Luckily they were, and I was the only one in the group who got in the water with them. Everyone else was scared of sharks. I was like "if the dolphins are here, then the sharks probably aren't". I was amazed at how they would come to me, let me sit on their back and stuff like that.

Phl218 likes this.
  9. groundhogday

groundhogday Well-Known Member

10. As soon as I found out how much (or little) of the fair the drivers actually get, I started tipping Uber drivers when they do good (and especially when they don’t talk to me).

I was amazed to see how huge of a cut Uber gets of the fair. It is ridiculous, seeing how the drivers are using their own cars, own gas, have to do their own maintenance, replace their own tires, etc.

BigBird likes this.
  11. ChemGuy

Fare

And the beeb doesn’t care if it’s a fair cut of the fare

12. Fucking autocorrect.

...it was almost “ducking autocorrect”.

13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The solution is simple.
    You hire a kid to follow you around
    and hand out tips. Name him Friday.

14. ChemGuy

FTFY

Phl218 and Sabre699 like this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You must be crazy. Mongo sits at the pool bar or a table near the pool in the shade reading a book. Also other than the head and beard I'm not remotely furry sorry. Now you have to picture me half nekkid without a ton of hair all over me :crackup:

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

Just remember, Euro vs America wages. They are paid differently across the pond vs here where they make less than minimum and you are expected to tip them to make up the rest. We just do it because we're used to it.

17. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Just gahdamn.

Sabre699 and Gorilla George like this.
  18. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

That makes me wonder.
    I've swum with sharks before but is there
    anywhere you can swim with whales?

19. ChemGuy

Try the Jersey shore on 4th of july.