1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rocco Landers - GoFund Me to Red Bull Rookies Cup

Discussion in 'General' started by Red Fox Racing, Oct 1, 2019.

1. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

And Hayden Gillim. It was good experience for all of them. So many rides in Europe require the rider to bring financing. It's just the way it is now, very lopsided. Some successful teams in MA utilize paid rides to support their programs as well, that's been going on for years.

Hoffman900 likes this.
  2. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

I know Kris was there. Not a dig at him, just with him taking off racing for a bit, kind of got lost in the shuffle. But you’re right, my bad.

3. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Good luck to him. He's a true talent but I fear he'll get treated as every previous American to go. I hope I'm wrong. I'm sure it'll be a great experience nonetheless.

4. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

You mean like Cameron getting a KTM/Red Bull ride alongside the GOAT?

5. TX Joose

Yep. Great experience.

Cam should be in GP or followed a similar path based on performance but didn't have the same backing as 2.0.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not sure it was that much and it paid for the year if anything.

I'm still torn on the Rookie Cup stuff. I trust Stoney to do what is right for Rocco but the contract and the politics involved would have me worried.

BigBird likes this.
  7. dieterly

Just like Hayden, Spies, Edwards, Herrin-always the same story with their teammates getting the good stuff and the Americans getting shafted because they are Americans. Why do we even want Americans going over there since they won’t get the same backing as the their teammates?

ToofPic likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Because it's even more fun to watch them do well overcoming the travel and other issues that other riders don't have.

BigBird likes this.
  9. dieterly

I agree, I love to see them over there, however the excuses are getting really old.

10. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Are they excuses if it is the truth?

11. TX Joose

I think those are called "reasons"

rcarson15 likes this.
  12. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

It looks like the GoFundMe was started June 2108 - 15 months ago? Weird...

13. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

They resurrected an old gofund me, to get this going quickly. Rocco raced minis in Spain, so the family is familiar with the European life.

younglion likes this.
  14. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

I would be interesting to do a cost benefit comparison between the RBRC and CEV premoto3. Almost every team in GP has a junior team in CEV. Plus, young riders can learn how to work with data guys, crew chiefs, and within the protocols of a foreign team and paddock. All without signing away anything to RB (and I suspect for much less money).
    As for teams hiring then shafting riders simply for being Americans, that just doesn't happen. Full stop. For every incident of "injustice" towards a US rider there are 10 similar stories for riders from every other country. And if you think the US is far away, tell that to the Aussies, Japanese, South Africans, South Americans, etc. They manage.
    The biggest problem with Americans who come to Europe to race is their belief that they deserve to get paid lots of money while not bringing anything to the table.
    Simply being fast does not warrant a paycheck. Not when other just as fast guys are bringing 6-figures TO the team.
    For reference; last year's WSS champion PAID almost 200,000 euros for his WSS ride. As world champion he was offered a WSBK factory ride and is now getting paid (around 20k is what I heard).

That is the reality of professional motorcycle racing. Don't like it? Play golf on the weekends instead. (or do a gofundme)

backbone, rcarson15 and Pitmom42 like this.
  15. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Welp, he made it!

stk0308 likes this.
  16. rwdfun

rwdfun

17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

cite?

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He did. You can cite me if you like. :D

03RumbleBee and motion like this.
  19. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Rocco's IG is a good source

The Great One and motion like this.
  20. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

And me, I got a text from Stoney a little while ago. I'm very happy for them, Rocco is a very cool kid.