1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To Renew or not renew Home Warranty?

Discussion in 'General' started by madcat6183, Apr 1, 2015.

1. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

Every time a Havc guy shows up, No matter how old our furnace is , they always say we need a new one and how a new one will be so much better..

2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Maybe the fact that you have HVAC guys coming often enough that you hear that more than once should tell you something... :Poke: ;)

badmoon692008 and BigBird like this.
  3. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

It's not a warranty, it's insurance, plain and simple. Insurance doesn't make sense if you can afford to "self insure". If your biggest expected repair might be $1000 and you can swing that when and IF it should happen, then take a chance. Do you insure (I'm talking collision, not liability) your old POS car? Of course fire insurance on your house probably makes sense because we couldn't handle that kind of loss....well maybe some of you could....

BigBird likes this.
  4. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Bought a condo. AC went out first night. A couple days later I had a new $4000 AC unit getting installed. Cost me like $60 out of pocket. It was worth it.

Bought a house last november. Didn't get warranty. I recently started to hear my hot water pipe running in the foundation when everything is off. Yay. Wish I had the warranty.

BigBird likes this.
  5. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

I just been in multiple buildings over the years... Funny part is one time they came and said my furnace was not big enough for the building we was heating, and how the unit should have never been installed..

The owner of the building pulled out his copy of the invoice from the company that sold and installed it.. It was the company the Hvac tech was working for. .. He just kinda had nothing to say.