1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Rossi has more talent than Marquez" - Andrea 'Dovi' Dovizioso

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Oct 15, 2019.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Yeah, using Beeb logic, a rider could come along and win 15 championships in a row, winning all races each season, but still not be the GOAT because they didn't change bikes.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

If you don’t do it on a clapped out SV, you ain’t shit.

3. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Lol MM has more throttle control than Rossi ever could and y’all act like he wouldn’t destroy Rossi in a 500cc race?

Lmfao Stoner would have destroyed Rossi as well on 500’s.

Smh Rossi’s titles came against nobody’s like Sete, Biaggi, Mlandri, etc.

MM has beaten the aliens in their prime.

4. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

This^^^^

Ain't a one of them proved anything unless they raced a clapped out SV and won in their career

5. fossil

fossil Well-Known Member

If you look carefully at Agostini's titles, you will see that he spent a lot of time beating the hell out of a bunch of brit 500 singles on the factory MV Augusta. Not that this in any way negates his place as an icon. He was a great champion, even dealt with the TZ750 late in his career.
    What it does illustrate is the context. This is why the "GOAT" discussion can only be conjecture. Each great champion must be viewed in the context of their era. As much as it may hurt some of us to admit, Mike Hailwood would have no more chance of dealing with the current factory Honda that MM
    rides than Marquez would have dealing with Hailwood's factory Honda 6-cylinder 250.

6. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

Biaggi won 4 straight 250cc championships. Some nobody...

7. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Against who?

8. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

The other best intermediate category racers of his time. Was there anyone you deem worthy... who knows. But you can only race against the people that are gridding up.

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

But Stoner is better.

10. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Sito Pons was a dominant 250 rider as well. How'd that translate to his 500 career?

11. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

You cannot be the GOAT unless you win a race on the Ducati.

I figured since people were throwing out stupid stipulations I would add one as well :D

Phl218, MachineR1, Marcos415 and 4 others like this.
  12. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

So Stoner is GOAT with JLo a close second. :bow:

SGVRider likes this.
  13. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

You’re all fucking retards. Obviously to be the GOAT you need to have regular silly post race celebrations with Mario characters and guys in chicken suits. Marquez has never rode around with a Claudia Schiffer blowup doll. He just does some gay ass totally staged video game and pool table tricks. Fuck that pretender sideways!

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

Maybe because Rossi already did all the legwork and got the crowds to come to MotoGP? Marketing oneself and making yourself and your company a $hitload of money in the process is pretty impressive on it's own account.

Look at Rea, however many he won in a row, and they can barely pull a decent crowd compared to MGP?

SGVRider likes this.
  15. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

This is why Rossi will always be the GOAT to me. No matter how many races and titles Marc wins he will never have the impact on the sport that Rossi did. He was the biggest racing rockstar of all, and bigger than GP itself for most of his career.

Marc does those excessive staged post-title celebrations 10 years after excess went out of style. Valentino did that shit when it was in fashion and captured the cultural zeitgeist of the era. Marquez is a ridiculously gifted rider, but he’s not a showman and doesn’t really seem to have a personality that wasn’t programmed into him by Honda. If he gets into a press conference dustup with Rossi and smacks him in the face a little that’ll be a good start.

If he shit talks Dovi and throws some biting quips at him for this comment I’ll like the little bastard a little more.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Uccios=Emo-ccios

Razr, wac and crashman like this.
  17. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Not sure what the theatrics have to do with being the greatest racer of all time. I tend to put more weight on how they perform on a bike, not the daytime drama bullshit.
    And "staged celebrations 10 years after they went out of style"? They were always stupid. The only reason they "went out of style" 10 years ago is because that was the last time Rossi won a title. :crackup:

rd49, shakazulu12, deathblow and 6 others like this.
  18. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Last night I rewatched COTA. If he wouldn't have flopped the bike (the first time) and gotten it quickly restarted, he would have resumed the race in around 6th spot, with easily enough laps to probably catch up to Rossi and Rins at the front. After getting the bike back up he then puts in a valiant effort trying to bump start it again, but flops over the other side of the bike with a magnificent flying W. Had me rolling. That kid is the best thing to ever come to GP. Well, at least lately. :D

BigBird likes this.
  19. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Damn, that was brutal :crackup:

I wonder if the 10 titles staging equipment is collecting dust in a moving POD somewhere :D

Shocker likes this.
  20. BigBird

BigBird blah

maybe some kids in Africa are running around with the t-shirts

Shocker likes this.