1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Rossi has more talent than Marquez" - Andrea 'Dovi' Dovizioso

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Oct 15, 2019.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

All we need is a time machine

[​IMG]

Sent from my smatrfone

2. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I'd be more inclined to believe Dovi than most of the knuckleheads that opine here (I being a certified knucklehead of the highest order). Having said that, much though I would like to agree with Dovi, I'm skeptical.

3. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

:crackup:

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

We’re gonna need to see your report cards...

Ducti89 likes this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

Dovi's opinion doesn't really mean much, as he wasn't even a rider on grid during Rossi's early championships.

So how can he have known what's what then?

6. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

12 pack of Goatness,,,just saying.
    No MM drinks yet :crackup:
    20160411_215538_768x1024.jpg

Ducti89, Steeltoe and BigBird like this.
  7. BigBird

BigBird blah

That's expired like the GOAT is on track :D

G Dawg, Chino52405, Shocker and 3 others like this.
  8. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

He's too busy right now winnings races, championships, and destroying records to worry about branding anything and everything a growing Uccio needs. :)

rcarson15, Yardape, R Acree and 2 others like this.
  9. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

After reading this, I thought, maybe they should put Lorenzo and Rossi back together on the Yamaha satellite team and promote Q-man with Mav to the factory team... :crackup::crackup::crackup:
    Lorenzo and Rossi seem to extract the most out of the yamaha.

Neil Hodgson believes Jorge Lorenzo must find a way back to Yamaha to kickstart his MotoGP career. (Daily Star)

BigBird likes this.
  10. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Maybe actually rubbing elbows with other racers yields more insight than watching video?

11. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Kickstart??? That career needs a ground-up restoration... and Yamaha would be stupid to foot the bill for it.

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

FTFY :)

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

He'll come cheap. Just pay for the many butlers needed during the season.

14. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

The scarf budget alone is cost prohibitive......

IMHO, 2020 will be the last season you will see the Janitor turn a wheel on a GP motorcycle.

kirk erlinger and BigBird like this.
  15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

EUREKA!

Take the scarves away. One less way he can choke. :D

16. SirBonus

SirBonus Well-Known Member

I was a huge fan of both riders until a few years ago when MM was out of the running and did everything possible to give it to Jorge.

It would be nice to see Marc ride something other than a Honda. Marc can make saves like no others before him. With that said you couldn't achieve the lean angles 15 years ago that you can now that allow you to make those saves.
    MM's has a 125 title on a two stroke. And he was winning races before he had the electronics.

Rossi dominated for a long time on several different machines and manufacturers.

I remember Stoner complaining about Rossi getting special compound tires flown in the night before races (that weren't available to other riders).

They have both been able to win on various machines throughout their careers.
    It's not realistic to say one is the definitive GOAT. (you can still argue Agostini, Hailwood, etc..)

17. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Didn't Rossi prefer that pussy big bang firing order on the 500? Following your logic to the next level anyone who didnt ride a screamer motor 500 on the late 80's grip or spit Michelins shouldnt be in the running for GOAT.:D

18. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Rossi never won on twin rear suspension setup or leaded gas, Hailwood and Ago, NUFF SAID

sill'r B sill'd, pscook and Phl218 like this.
  19. BigBird

BigBird blah

and Hailwood and Ago never won on 800cc or 1000cc machines or carbon brakes or 60+ degree lean angles so nuff said :Poke:

20. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

But they did both win on 2 and 4 strokes:D Well Agostini did, Hailwood won a TT on one.