1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Price check, RS250

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by SpeedyE, Oct 11, 2019.

1. parillaguy

parillaguy vintage+GP racer

OMG.....talk about hijacked threads...The Honda RS250s of 1985 + 1986 (ND5 series) are prone to significant frame/case/other parts cracking and breakage due to vibration. Over the last dozen years I have owned 4 of them and all of them had numerous "patches" to cracked/broken parts. If you are looking to race the bike you have found, you will be very frustrated. Additionally, parts for these bikes were hard to get when they were new, now...well be prepared to spend a lot of time on the internet. If you plan to restore and 'show' the bike, you can do like the guy who bought one of mine and turn it into a Joey Dunlop replica and display it. IMHO the ND5 model RS250s aren't worth much more than $5000-6500 unless it was barely used and has no frame/case/swing arm repairs. BTW none of the ND5s I owned or ones I saw were ever "original". Most had updated wheels, different exhausts and newer front brake calipers.

SpeedyE likes this.
  2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

The days of $5K 250GP bikes are long gone...

SpeedyE and SpeedWerks Racing like this.
  3. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

Where would you be coming from, @ducnut

4. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

I have a 95 yzf600 that's ripe for a restore that you can get cheap, @SpeedyE
    Don't know if that's up your alley or not

SpeedyE likes this.
  5. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Central IL.

I’ve bought a used topper for my truck. I need to get things squared away in the back, slide a mattress in, and am looking at an extended trip down. I’ll just drive what I can, stop for however long needed to recover, and repeat. I can shower in truck stops and FL winters are tolerable. This way I won’t be a burden to anyone and I’m only out gas money. The uncovered medical expenses are going to be bad enough.

SpeedyE likes this.