1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So who are the Adv riders here?

Discussion in 'General' started by rd400racer, Mar 19, 2018.

1. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

3000 miles this month alone I do get out often.

Headed north north east middle of next week for 5 days. Toy hauler and truck this go around with 2 of my bikes.

2. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

Does a WR250R count as an ADV bike? If so, I am an adv bike rider as of one hour ago. :)

[​IMG]Untitled by ineedanap, on Flickr

CRA_Fizzer, gt#179, pscook and 5 others like this.
  3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Sorry, that doesn't count. You need something you can run at 100 mph all day. Roy said. :D

roy826ex, motion and ineedanap like this.
  4. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

The WR250 is a fantastic bike. I'd farkle that thing till it was unrecognizable!

So my two riding buddies and I decided we want to try for a Cuba trip next year. Anybody done it?

5. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

If you do it on jetskis there are a couple of wackos on here that would probably sign up.

motion likes this.
  6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Are you a Canuck?

7. SteveThompson

No. You can go from the US. It has to be a cultural exchange or something. I'm just learning about it. There are a couple of tour companies we could go with but I'm interested in other options if there are any.

8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I haven’t been to Cuba for two years, but it’s my understanding that you absolutely cannot go under this administration. Guess I need to dig around a bit today :)

Edit:

if you are going for cultural purposes, and read the regulations, you definitely cannot go and ride motorbikes around the island. But, it appears the general consensus is that you will not get caught.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  9. SteveThompson

10. klebs01

klebs01 Well-Known Member

I'm in Colombia currently. A little over 20,000 miles since I left Wisconsin on June 1. Been a good trip so far.

The Stahlratte is a cool ship that took me from Panama to Colombia. They run trips to Cuba and you can take your own bike.

tony 340, acorn27, cBJr and 1 other person like this.
  11. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

how was your experience on the Stahlratte? I read some RTWPaul posts about how he used to love it and how it had gone downhill I thought.

12. klebs01

klebs01 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed it as did the other 21 riders on the voyage. Its my first time so I'm not sure if it used to be better or not. The ship did get pulled out of the water after my trip for work. Not sure what all is getting done.

cBJr likes this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

14. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Looking to add a DRZ400 to my Dual Sport stable.

What would be a good price for a low mile (2000) 2007?

15. doppio

doppio Well-Known Member

Even though I only have 400 miles on my new used '18 ATAS I bought a few weeks ago with 1400 miles, I'm really enjoying it so far and finding excuses to go ride. The gearbox is a little clunky but I haven't changed the oil yet so maybe the Motul 7100 will help. After I rode it once, I set User mode to 1/1/1 for power, engine braking and torque and haven't changed it. Once I figure out what I want to do for suspension and tires, I'll like it even more. :D

The 2020 wasn't a consideration for me but it's interesting to see some of the updates people have been asking for - tubeless wheels, cruise, more advanced electronics and dash.

roy826ex likes this.
  16. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Just look around on CL, FB Marketplace, and ADV Rider for a feel. Most DRZ’s are beat to shit, as you probably know, so it should command better than average.

17. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

I've been watching one. Been listed for a while at $3500.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ducnut likes this.
  18. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I'll second that range. I've been looking at DR650's of that vintage and the 400's always pop up on the search. $3500 seems to be the sweet spot for both bikes.

ducnut likes this.
  19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Heading here in a week to ride my Africa Twin :)

Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 2.58.56 PM.png

cBJr, acorn27, ducnut and 2 others like this.
  20. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

BTW I saw your bike at Two Wheels a few weeks ago. I was up there early on a Saturday to scout some trails for a ride in Nov/Dec. Should be a fun weekend, big bikes on FS roads/single track/no track trails. One day in Suches and one day around Clayton.