1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A marathon in under 2 hours!

Discussion in 'General' started by Potts N Pans, Oct 12, 2019.

1. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Are they Steeltoe approved feet?

2. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I tend to lose a bit of my 100 meter speed after 300 repetitions or so.

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  3. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Yeah, 17s for 100 or even 34 seconds for 200m is doable for someone in good condition.
    When you get to 68 seconds for the 400, that gets to be pretty much just decent runners.
    When you get to 2:16 for an 800, that is an OK time for a HS track runner back in my day (smaller school). My best was 2:08.
    4:33 for 1600m is better than I ever ran. 4:50 was my personal best and I won a few races. Not in big meets, just HS vs. HS meets.
    After that it just gets stupid fast for the distance.

4. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I hope you’re being sarcastic.... if not then keep up with the stupid comments.

5. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

I saw an article on an autistic boy from New York that was doing 4 minute miles a couple years back, his personal best was 3:57 for a mile and 14:39 for a 5k.

Mikey Brannigan was his name, the kid was crazy fast and was only in high school. The news said he was capable of setting world records.

6. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Lol I think his 300th 100 meter consecutive time is still faster than majority here’s first! Lol

t11ravis likes this.
  7. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

For all of your treadmill warriors, imagine cranking it up to 13.1 and keeping it there for 2 solid hours. Broome better hope this guy never gets on the treadmill beside him.

8. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

OMG I have a terrible cold and think I just fractured/tore something laughing so hard. That was awesome, thanks!

9. rwdfun

rwdfun

Nope not one ounce of sarcasm not one single ounce. :D

Doood. Let's put a secret fund together to pay this guy to do just this. Although as stated his 100m time is only average so Broome might stop and claim victory.

And this comparison dwarfs all the other attempts to put this in perspective. Do treadmills even go above 10mph?

10. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

And with his entourage of hydration personnel, Broome ain't gonna get any water from the gas station either when the argument in line begins!

11. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Hell, I was stoked when I did a sub 30 5 miler. :)

12. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

You only (among many other things) need a sub 40 for Ranger School :D

13. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Amazing accomplishment! Supported does not diminish the fact that he ran 26.2 miles in 1:59:40.

14. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Not impressed with cheaters. The pacers and nutrition made it way too easy. I'm sure this Eliud guy could never come close to breaking the REAL marathon record.

pscook likes this.
  15. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Mine only goes to 11 though?

16. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

You do realize he already holds that and the Olympic record for marathons right? I’m assuming you’re being sarcastic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

17. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Lol

18. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Obviously some of y'all ain't never told a Southern gal her ass looks fat in her new jeans. That dude ain't shit compared to what I've ran.

19. ton

ton Arf!

yeah, but you got caught and took a beating.

seroj likes this.
  20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I was stoked to see a 33 flat 10k twice.

Never managed a sub 33. Had a few low 33s.

Mile was always 5:20,no matter if it was mile 1 or mile 5.

Not sure about what that would be after 26.2 miles... Probably well over 2 hours!