Michael Conlon

Discussion in 'General' started by D-Nice, May 5, 2004.

1. D-Nice

D-Nice Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how to get in touch with him, know him, or anything? He goes under the BBS name, welderboy. He is local to South Carolina. If anyone could put me in touch with him, it would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. lsudano

lsudano Well-Known Member

try to find a number for conlon welding. i believe that's what his shop is called down here in charleston, sc.

3. D-Nice

D-Nice Well-Known Member

His shop is Conlon Welding. The shop # I found on the web is disconnected. I believe they operate off of cell phones but no one ever answers them.

4. lsudano

lsudano Well-Known Member

10-4.

5. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I hate to say it, but I heard recently that he has passed away. I know I miss seeing him around the track.

6. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

is this "spike conlon" from back in the day??

7. stickboy274

Yup, that's him

8. D-Nice

D-Nice Well-Known Member

I believe he also does go by Spike. I talked to him a few weeks ago. I can't seem to catch up with him now. If anyone else hears anything, please let me know.

9. hooter31

hooter31 Well-Known Member

sorry to report SPIKE is no longer with us.

10. hooter31

my prayers go out to his family and friends,i've known him a while and always had a good time with him...we raced togeather at roebling rd.he will truely be missed

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What the hell happened to him?

12. hooter31

MIKE IS ALIVE AND WELL,PLEASE REMOVE MY PREVIOUS POST.i just spoke with somone who is a close friend of spikes and he said he heard what i heard and called spike,someone with the same name who lives on the coast had committed suicide but it was not the mike we know...please someone remove or make sure this gets posted

13. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Now THAT is some good news!

14. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cool - now we can go back to making fun of him like we used to....

16. Sentinel

Sentinel Well-Known Member

Not suprised to see this at all....lmao

17. D-Nice

D-Nice Well-Known Member

Just curious, did you ever resolve your issue with him? Fortunately I did not have a huge problem with him like you did. But he is an interesting character.

18. Sentinel

Sentinel Well-Known Member

Yea, I got it resolved. Had to threaten him with criminal prosecution just to get a return phone call. Once I initiated the process, it seemed he smartened up. I'm not the kind of person who likes a lot of drama and I'm relatively laid back considering my profession. I hate having to take things to that level just to get someone to honor their agreement, especially when they have a baby on the way...

19. stickboy274

I am very glad to hear that. I will pass the info back where The bad info came from.