1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deep cell battery for TH

Discussion in 'General' started by RRP, Oct 12, 2019.

1. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I need to replace the battery in the toyhauler. What’s the best bang for the buck?

2. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Wetbcell or dry? Trojan makes some of the best wet cells

3. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

For the most amp hours, 2 6volt golf cart batteries in series.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Honestly- my knowledge is limited on this, I just need one that fits stock box and doesn’t cost a zillion dollars. Box is standard ~13” x 6” size.

Looking for decent quality that people have had good luck with.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  5. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I never have a choice, it seems I always discover they won't charge once I'm on the road. So I'm a WalMart man. I believe they come with a 2 year warranty. Deep cycle is the best, they don't die from discharge / recharge cycles.

Bloodhound likes this.
  6. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Then just go to the auto parts store and get one. Don't get one from Wally world. I bought a car battery from the once. Never again

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Yeah, but that was for your PowerWheels Mini :Poke: :p

8. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

i just get the $75 deep cycle ones from advance auto parts. need to replace em here in FL every 3 years no matter what. Just sold my 27' toyhauler to a friend, and had to put new ones in the day i sold it. LOL.. they were right at 3 yrs old

9. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Ten four, thanks for the input guys.

10. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

Your bet bet, if you have the room, is to ditch the single 12V battery and get yourself a couple of the Trojan T105 6Volt batteries. Using a series hookup for the two batteries will provide you 12 Volts and your Amp Hour rating is 225-230....and they are made to provide a LOT of deep cycles, as they are golf cart batteries. They are FLA (Flooded Lead Acid) and of course they will require that you check the water level in the batteries every couple of months and add distilled water as needed. I got mine locally, a couple of years ago for $125/each plus the core charge. I read on some of the RV forums I'm on of guys getting 8-10 years out of a set of them.

11. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Trojan makes AGM batteries as well. Their group 27 AGM battery tested very well in sailboat testing i read.... like best in category.

And yes using trojan 6v in series was the standard from sailboats back in the day. They focus on deep cell and have a very good product.

12. Trojan AGM golf cart battery. Can find them for about $120 each, can get a water kit pretty cheap and will save you from having to go in there if you get wet cell.
    I sure 4 Trojan 6v in my boat for trolling, 4 in series for 24v trolling motor. They seem to hold a charge much longer than any others I’ve used.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:stupid:

Don't use ours off the grid remotely enough to be concerned about amp hours and such so I just get wally world marine batteries.