1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The drop

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Oct 10, 2019.

1. HAZE

HAZE Group Therapy

I have a BMW K1200 LT. It's has reverse. I'm backing in the garage with it, foot slipped on wet grass and over I went. This thing weights 835 lbs. I can't pick it up, I've tried several times.
    I go into the house tell my son put on your shoes and come help me. He comes out of the garage, looks at the bike looks at me and says "problems dad". Classic quote from him I'll never forget.
    Alcohol might have been involved

2. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Shots fired! Lol

stk0308 likes this.
  3. G 97

G 97 Garth

I don't even like talking about dropping bikes. I did a slow drop with the harley one night getting off the bike to open garage. Slight slope on drive and didn't kick the jiffy stand forward enough. As stated prior, alcohol my have been involved. SOB was slightly heavy to pick back up. LOL. One and only drop.

I just jinx myself. Going out to garage now to kick over my gsxr50.

4. BC

BC Well-Known Member

OP could drop a quad.

Sabre699, HPPT and G 97 like this.
  5. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Pfft. Saw the title and author of this thread and thought, “so Metalhead can finally see his testicles?”

6. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Never, NEVER have I dropped a bike while loading or unloading from the trailer. Never!

Bought a GSXR 600 to flip it and some kid bought it from a town about 45 minutes away. He calls me the day he is supposed to pick it up and says the bank won’t give him the check without the bike/title and I certainly wasn’t giving him the bike and title w/out my money.

Soooooo, he ask me to deliver it to him at the bank for $100. So, I was like sure, not a problem until.......yep, you guessed it, first bike I ever dropped loading onto the trailer. I was hella pissed!

7. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Okay all y'all can suck it. And YES I've dropped bikes with people on them. Me, my ol lady, other chicks, my kids, my mom, random friends, etc.
    I once exploded a twelve pack of bud light strapped to the seat with one of them cycle gear net things. Had to get in my truck and get more. It was irritating.

8. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Is dropping a bike the same as dropping the Mike.

9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Been thinking about it and I don't think I ever dropped my TL. Have every other one I've owned though but not my wife's Burgman and not the TL. I miss her.

10. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

You know you shouldn’t have said that, right? :D

11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I'm aware it can be taken a couple different ways. :D

12. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

But have you dropped a bike after dropping acid?
    Ritchie, are you going to the GNF per chance? I feel I would be missing out if I never got to put a voice to and actually meet the stream of consciousness you put out there.
    Saw a funny thing a couple of weeks ago. Went to get an inspection on the Multi and the dealer was having a BMW demo day. Just walking out and heard a slight crunch and turned to see two guys running in circles trying to stop a dropped demo bike that happened to somehow balance so the real wheel was touching the ground. Rather amusing but there was no way I was going to laugh since I still needed to leave the lot while everyone was standing around munching hot dogs waiting for their turn on a shiny new Beemer.

13. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Yeah , but they are in his nose :D

pickled egg likes this.
  14. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

1986...I had a 1985 vf1000r..I was the cock wagon deluxe in my cruising circle.Me and my buddy go to the Burger King.
    Its the hang out on our cruising strip.We park the bikes amongst tons of people.The parking lot had fresh pavement,
    and you can guess the rest.Im walking away from the bike,the side stand sinks,falls over on me as Im walking away,and face plants me.
    I was sooo pissed I refused to pick it up,and kept walking! LOL My buddy Bo picked it up,and I looked like a twat in front of everyone!

15. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Not making the GNF. Renovating a house and selling another. Too much going on.

16. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Boneheaded move. Polished up the bike all proud of it rode it around the block and pulled back into the garage. What I failed to think about was the fact that I had just sprayed polish which then landed on my epoxy garage floor. Slicker than snot I put my foot down when I stopped and whoop(in your best Chris Berman voice) down I went.

Fortunately, I didn’t get my leg caught up in it and was able to sort of stop it from banging and the slider did it’s job.

17. Trent

Trent I just wanna ride motorcycles and eat pizza

Not bad - I'm pretty regular these days

pickled egg likes this.
  18. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

When I dropped out of college I sold my 97 cbr1100xx to a kid that dropped it in my driveway 5 minutes after he paid me. Dude picked the bike up and took off around my neighborhood, couple minutes later he was coming back through my chain link fence with it at about 20mph. This kid had some minor cuts but was ok, the bike was pretty messed up and he left it at my house for almost a month before coming back with a truck and trailer.
    Crazy day that was lol

19. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

I’ve had a bunch of bikes I never dropped....

However, it seems like all of the ones I owned for long periods of time fell or got dropped at least once.

Had a 1100 Katana I rode for several years, always parked it underneath the ramp that went on top of the building at work. Went to leave for lunch one day, directly in front of where I parked was a steep paved hill that gained six or so feet in twenty. I go to take off up it and just as I can’t touch it coughs and dies from me not using the choke and both of my feet are 3-4” off the ground. Pissed me right the fuck off at myself.

Have had to fix two bikes at the shop, the first one was over ten years ago, was a Vulcan 1500 we had the engine off of and had just sat the tank back on it. I rolled it out and put it on the side stand and the turn signal killed the gas tank.

The last one was about two months ago, grabbed a 2005 GSXR from the right side to move it over about three feet. Nothing around it on the floor. Rolled it forward then back by the bars and go to put it back on the side stand that shouldn’t have moved and it was up before I realized it...Had my paint guy fix the tank where it hit the foot peg of a dirt bike I was putting it beside. Gave the dude a free chain and sprocket cause I effed his shit up also.

Kris Managed to knock My ZRX over at Sonoma pulling back in from one of the practices. Caught the back tire with a foot peg and down it went, into the drivers door of MY truck.
    Shit happens

Metalhead likes this.
  20. Phl218

Phl218 .

When I was an intern at BMW Motorrad, I dropped one of these k1600 off the lift.

I was so embarrassed until i heard that every single person in that department had dropped that bike already.

I can count the bikes I never dropped on two fingers

ToofPic likes this.