1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you for riding/training with 6 months of winter?

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, Oct 11, 2019.

1. cm1744

cm1744 Well-Known Member

Start clicking around here. https://www.coloradoinfo.com/blog/where-try-fat-biking-colorado

Not sure which area you're in and what's worth the trip. I know friends that have made it out to Crested Butte for the fat bike championships and it's one big party and a good time to demo with vendors in town.

Also, give this a read to see what the locals like. https://forums.mtbr.com/colorado-front-range/fat-biking-near-denver-1098526.html Like others said, I think it can be milder than it is up in MN so conditions may be less stable without a deep freeze for months.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    TX Joose likes this.
  2. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

LOL.

Winter time is riding time.
    Summer time you'll die if you ride moto's. Summer is for jetski's.

3. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Lovely Arizona. I was in Phoenix two years. I'll take the heat over the cold any day!

bored&stroked likes this.
  4. ton

ton Arf!

if your MTB is collecting dust in Denver, a fatbike will collect more. there's rarely any snow that stays on the ground and trails long enough for a fatbike there. especially if you're not in the west suburbs. we train on road bicycles all winter on the Frange. or... get in the hills and earn your turns!

TurboBlew likes this.
  5. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

I’m in Denver too - weather is fine for year round fun. Man up and bundle up . Ya we get the occasional snowy days but I was riding in Jan and feb last year. Invest in the right gear and you don’t miss a beat.
    For mtb check out bear creek lake park

check out Imi for mini racing and moto x - cheap and fun . Open 8am to sunset daily

wera313 likes this.
  6. surfingsk8r

surfingsk8r Well-Known Member

Mix between MTB and Snowboarding primarily for me, in general though I am pretty active.

7. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Get a used road bike and a smart trainer. Subscribe to Zwift and start riding. :rock:

StaccatoFan likes this.