1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Track incident or someone's fault?

Discussion in 'General' started by Aglareinmyeyes, Oct 10, 2019.

?

Pay for damage to his truck from wind gust and easy-up contact

1. Pay 100% for his repairs

81.5%
  2. Pay 50% of his repairs

4.0%
  3. Pay 25% of his repairs

3.2%
  4. Pay nothing

11.3%
  1. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I’ve been at a race weekend more than once where I was in my camper and a late night storm comes up. I secure my stuff first thing, camper awning in, ezup down and top removed or completely let down. I got to where I would put my bikes in the back of the toy hauler at night just so I wouldn’t have to deal with the ezup during the middle of the night.

I have also on more that one occasion secured others ezups at their pits while they were gone for the night. Pretty sure I’ve saved others damage to their own property and to others in the process of doing this. Storms can come up quick and pretty nasty during the over night hours in the southeast.

I’ve seen some pretty ghetto attempts at securing an ezup that with some wind becomes a parachute with metal legs attached. Water weight is another killer to an ezup and will bring them crashing down onto whatever is below it. The things are great for shade but suck in wind or rain.

I am always the guy worried about my truck when ezups are anywhere near. I went out of my way always to park way away from them at any track whether a track day or race day.

I say pay the $1500 and consider it a lesson learned.

BigBird and Funkm05 like this.
  2. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

What about if an EZ-Up flies and scratches the brand new paint job on a race bike across the road? I'm not just trying to poke the bear here, this actually happened to my buddy a couple seasons ago.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

On or off the treadmill?

4. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I would say the same rules apply. ON track is not the same thing as AT the track. Pony up.

5. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Depends if it was a track day lol

TurboBlew and badmoon692008 like this.
  6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Blame it on NESBA

7. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I'd point and say "look over there Broome, a cute puppy!" then run the other way

8. Paint Shaker

Paint Shaker Tractor Motor Racer

Use 3 foot screw drivers to secure your ee-zz up and it won't go anywhere!! They are also useful in pit arguments... :D

Sabre699 likes this.
  9. genosr1

genosr1 Well-Known Member

would you want your truck repaired if an ez up damaged it?

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Would you want your ez up repaired if a truck damaged it?

Chris and badmoon692008 like this.
  11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Would you put your ez-up safely under your truck to protect it from other wayward trucks?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  12. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I wish I could afford a truck where I was worried about a few scratches.

13. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Was the damaged vehicle parked before or after the EzUp was erected?
    Before? Your fault.
    After? Their fault.
    Simple as that...

14. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I'm curious why you didn't run this through your homeowners/renters insurance. This is a personal liability issue, and they would have covered it.

15. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

I bet next time you'll tie your new one down reasonably better.
    C'mon man. That's like telling the judge you did a reasonably good job robbing the bank until you got caught.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  16. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

My first thought really. Is the role of "Man" really that few and far between anymore? I really wonder this shit alot, with all the bro hugs and secret hand shake shit, just shake my fucking hand like a goddamn man. Grab my hand, squeeze it like you got a pair and look me in the eye. You can tell a fuck wad in about 5 seconds of meeting someone.

BigBird likes this.
  17. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I once raced a endurance race at Memphis Motorsports park.During the race,a big wind came through and made a mess of half the canopies.Not sure
    what all got smashed,but our canopy hit all kinds of stuff,and was waay in the air at one point.
    I have a friend that fills home depot 5 gallon buckets with water for each leg.

18. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

IF your canopy was the only one that flipped...ok. BUT, since you stated that several canopies went flying...it's just a shit sammich and folks should just write it off as crap luck. Part of today's society problems is that it's always someone else's fault for everything that happens to them...bullshit. There was no intent of any of them to cause any damage...shit happens, it's a gust of wind and a friggin canopy ffs. Move on.

19. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

My truck was h
    My truck was hit by a flying ez-up that was not secured at all, owner basically told me to pound sand and was a complete dick so was his crew so when everyone went to watch the next round of bikes I put a disc lock on his rotor and threw the key away. Fuck that asshole, he got on the bike and went to take of and boom he was on the ground.

20. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

More for clarification: Is the paint a home made rattle can, or is it a custom, very nice paint job?
    Regardless the canopy broke loose, you own the damage it does.

Personally, if I'm the bike owner & it's rattle can, thank him/her for breaking in the new paint so I don't have to by crashing.

If I'm the bike owner and it's nice, depending on the size of the scratch, they get to help me repaint it & bring the beer.

If I'm the canopy owner, I'll offer that whatever they think is reasonable is what I'll do.

BigBird likes this.