1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official 2020 Silly Season Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Age? And depends if he can afford to ride what they have to offer.

masshole likes this.
  2. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

As far as I know, Cam won't just take a ride to ride in WSBK. He wants a front runner and isn't riding for free (or pennies) when he can butter his bread here in America. He's had offers.

3. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Mine too. But put them both on it for a season. My money is on The Ben. But I’m a fanboy.

4. TX Joose

Where's Benny Solis been? I know he went to CIV Moto 2 but he's been a ghost since beginning of summer.

5. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

My take on it is Cam would take the right ride if it was presented to him but is fairly content with racing in the US. He has raced overseas and knows how draining and all consuming it can be. Maybe he has a little less to prove too himself also...
    Where Garrett was actively wanting to get over there and has something to prove. It Has been his goal since the beginning to
    Race overseas.
    Maybe just maybe if things go well this coming year American riders will start to be seen as a Viable option for seats again.
    JMO

Dave250 likes this.
  6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Funny, this morning I was thinking about that and went to look on facebook. Nothing since May?

7. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I know SDK wants to find a way to go back racing overseas as well. Same with Rocco.

I remember he had banged up his hip real bad during practice for one of the races just before the summer. I believe he and the team he was on split ways during the summer (maybe Benny needed the time to heal).

8. TX Joose

Rocco said he's going to the European talent cup next year. Wasn't SDK overseas for a while? IMO it's tough for an American to go to any of the GP classes overseas if you don't come with loads of dinero. We've seen this on a repetitive basis but we can always hope somebody will buck the trend.

I don't fb but I saw Benny was doing some rehab stuff back then. A split makes sense if he wasn't getting results and kept hurting himself. Maybe he'll pop up at chuckwalla this winter

9. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don’t think ANY American can make it over there without being in the right environment. Period. The only way to do that is like Spies and others, be dominant in the premier class here and land a top ride there. If you aren’t a podium contender here in the Superbike class and can’t land a top seat over there all you will accomplish is making American Riders look bad and diminish their value.
    JMO

Rocco will most likely do very well in whatever Cup he is looking at doing and that is a bit different IMO.

Dave250 likes this.
  10. Shocker

Yes he was. I talked to him at Homestead this weekend and he told me that he wants to make it back to Europe. As if right now, he will be doing the SS600 season again with Team Hammer.

Also, Rocco raced in Europe for a few years on mini bikes.

11. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

12. Shocker

13. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

I have a feeling an 11th hour deal will be struck again, especially if Gerloff is confirmed.

I also wonder why Indianapolis is ruled out. To me it almost makes more sense to run there than it does to run at Laguna.

ShadowBoxer likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The thing with Indy is who is willing to pay the sanction fee. Obviously Laguna is willing. IMS however may not be willing. I can't imagine anyone as a straight promoter that would pay the sanction fee and rent the track too.

Dave250 likes this.
  15. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Ah, gotcha. If I recall correctly, the last MotoGP race at Indy had the best ever attendance figures there, so it always struck me as odd that they pulled the plug when interest was at its peak and growing year over year.

Maybe they can pen a deal since MotoAmerica has already committed to Indy for 2020? Would be nice...

ShadowBoxer likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd bet MA is working with the track and not charging them a million or more like MotoGP did. Not sure what WSB would cost but it won't be cheap either as they cover the team expenses. I was surprised the pulled the plug on the GP race but I could easily see them not wanting to bother with WSB as it won't draw enough for them to mess with.

Dave250 likes this.
  17. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Not sure how to read this:

"There are hardly any alternatives to Laguna Seca: Austin, Indianapolis and Miller are out of the question. In the US MotoAmerica series, only Barber Motorsport Park in Alabama, to the west of Atlanta, has a SBK event - but not before 2021."

As said above, I'm not sure why Austin and Indy are discounted straight off, but what do they mean about Barber? Is there a SBK round scheduled there in the future that I haven't heard about or just a bad translation?

18. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

19. wac

wac Well-Known Member

Zarco to Lcr Honda for 3 rounds.

Phl218 likes this.
  20. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Now that, for many reasons, is really weird....