1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ok, who is affected by GM strike and opinions....

Discussion in 'General' started by ttt637, Oct 10, 2019.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

That's the way I remember it too.

2. twodocs

twodocs Well-Known Member

The truck I ordered hasn't been built yet...

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

well that would be a lot of people left waiting

4. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

And used government loans to do it.

5. eggfooyoung

As long as they were paid back, and monies were made by uncle Sam, I don't see an issue.

pscook likes this.
  6. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Millwrongs, also known as HammerMechanics by us Maintenace Machinists. :D

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  7. eggfooyoung

Dammit, I've gotta remember that.

He calls me a nail bender!:crackup:

8. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Don't even get me going about that crap!!!

I helped on a startup for a cereal manufacturer (union of course). The "union rules" were beyond stupid for us Controls Guys. We were not even allowed to reset a bucket or a circuit breaker. And heaven forbid if the sparkie assigned to you is on break. And of course the higher ups are on us to get the line up and running... FML.

ducnut and badmoon692008 like this.
  9. AC1108

AC1108 Well-Known Member

Sounds similar to my thoughts on Boilermakers.

10. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

What really blows for these people at the Romulus plant (sorry if I got the plant wrong), is that GM is scheduling to shut that plant down in a year or so anyways for Mexico.

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It's a tough situation. Without going DUNGEON, everyone wants more for less. Owners (shareholders), workers, customers, union reps, and so on. IMHO, some sort of profit sharing, employee owned type arrangement makes the most sense because in theory, everyone has the same goal, but that may not work in every situation.

12. Totally agree. As I stated about the UAW before, and this is not a debate point just my opinion (non dungeon) I’ve used the analogy, if I feed my dog as much steak as she wants to eat everyday she will be happy. If I feed her just enough steak she will be less happy but still happy, if I feed her as much dog food as she wants she will be pissed but survive. If I feed her the proper amount of dog food she is supposed to eat she will be pissed at first but eventually adjust. They’ve been feeding them a lot of steak and when they asked for more they got steak, sides, etc. plus the bonus of desert. Now they want to take away the sides, feed them the same amount of steak. Problem is partly companies fault for letting it get out of hand and none of them wanted to take the initial hit of stopping production. A lot of the UAW feels they are entitled to these things and I see their point because if you spoil your kids and they do the bare minimum to earn it, they eventually become entitled.

j cal, ducnut and Phl218 like this.
  13. Windsor Salt down in the mines is the best. They have a large room where they made private bunks to sleep. It’s pretty well known and the company can’t do squat.

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Sort of. The only thing missing from your analogy is what YOU'RE eating compared to what you feed your dog. If you're eating so much prime rib every day that you're obese, while feeding your dog "the appropriate amount" of dry dog food, you're a dick and your dog is probably going to eat you guts first when you have a heart attack.

SuddenBraking, ducnut and zrx12man like this.
  15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Wrong forum dude.

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

When the dog goes to the store and buys the steak, he can determine the portions.

auminer and badmoon692008 like this.
  18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Doctor, heal thyself :Poke:

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It's not a perfect analogy - the dog CANNOT go to the store and buy the steak, but at the same time, the owner does not NEED the dog to be able to accomplish his goals.

Why don't we play a fun game? We'll see how long we can dance around this bullshit in General until one of us goes too far and gets banned?

[​IMG]

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Great. Now every Alexa on the planet is gonna order a side of beef every time a dog barks. :D