1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how many track days a year

Discussion in 'General' started by jeffmack, Oct 4, 2019.

1. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

2. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

You Fuckers are in trouble ... Wheel bearing has a titanium shovel and it won’t wear out ... :D

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  3. jeffmack

jeffmack Well-Known Member

Good news is the OP is down for track days for a season before wanting to grid up. Just his way of doing things. In no rush. Gonna enjoy it all

4. jeffmack

jeffmack Well-Known Member

Picked up a 03 R6. I’ll be getting it ready for my first TD coming in Oct. won’t be long I’ll be hitting u up about getting my race license
    Thanks mates
    Jmack

MachineR1, NemesisR6, busa99 and 3 others like this.
  5. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Great choice of a ride. Have fun, if you need to ask questions. Most control riders are more than helpful to try to make you a faster AND safer rider out there.

TurboBlew and jeffmack like this.
  6. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

limit your initial expenses best you can until you are sure u want to proceed.
    i would guess that the percentage of people that do one or a handful of trackdays and then quit or taper off greatly is significant.
    life changes, priorities change, reality does not always meet expectations.

7. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

You may have mentioned this earlier but which track?

8. busa99

busa99 Well-Known Member

Great choice. Gen 2 R6 is an Awesome track bike.

9. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Welp, it is all downhill from here, next up a dually and a 40’ toyhauler. :D

mpusch, Banditracer and Circacee like this.
  10. Chango

Chango Something clever!

And a Panigale V4R with a matching pitbike.

11. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

There would be no endurance races if it wasn't for N2, that has nothing to do with WERA.

12. Wheel Bearing

Your flaw in this is thinking I would have a problem switching to whatever new class structure there was or racing orgs altogether.

13. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

uhh... "drop this class for the good of the sport and I'll just go spend my money with another org"

And Sean is the one with flawed thinking???

14. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Truest statement ever. EVER.

15. SWest122

SWest122 Well-Known Member

I think you need a 30 day from the Wera board. :Poke:

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nah, he just needs to go racing :D

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

Impossible. The immense requirements and the high level of prep required mandates that no one is able to race.

18. Wheel Bearing

If cutting a class that I choose to race in benefits the org as a whole, yes. Cut it.

If that org no longer provides racing in the classes that I want to race in, yes, I'll go race elsewhere. As I've said before. Racer's gonna race.

19. Wheel Bearing

Good job on choosing to help to kill road racing....

/sarcasm

:D

20. Wheel Bearing

So since my titanium shovel is indeed, sharp forever, I figured I might as well discuss something I thought WERA did was awesome and flopped because of the racers themselves. And that's the Triple Crown. Of course this board is filled with prior racers, probably what, less than 50% of the active users still grid up? Everyone talked it up like it was going to be the next big thing. Going off the replies on here alone, you would have thought there was going to be a cut off because there was going to be too many entries.

Nope.

I want to say the first one-off one was at PittRace in...2017? Then I think 2018 there was the 3 rounds, right? There might have been 3 in 2017 as well. Either way, enough rounds at different race tracks that made it feasible for most of us to go to at least one of them.

THAT was a drastic change that was done in an effort to get something going. And it didn't take off, at no fault to WERA. Dunno what to say on that, I was able to make one round, which is more than what most on here can say.