1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protecting a home address

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Oct 7, 2019.

1. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Lazy or impulsive crazy. Lazy crazy is “I’m gonna find his ass and beat him with the Louisville slugger I have in my back seat. Hey here’s his business card.” Those guys aren’t going to look up county property records. If they happen to find you easily they’ll do something, but they lack the dedication of true psychos.

2. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

That also depends on how bad the OP has driven the person over the edge with his testimony against said psycho.

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yes, exactly. :D

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:stupid:

You can find a mail receiving place that can either forward it to you or you can pick it up there and they have a real street address.

5. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

This is a great service:
    https://www.virtualpostmail.com
    Looks like a regular address with a unit number. Receives your mail, sends you notifications (if you want them), you can see pictures of your received mail and you can choose to have them open and scan it so you can read it online and save it electronically if you want, or physically forward it to you (with or without opening it first), or just throw it away. Many different plan options are available, depending on your volume of mail and the services you want.

I've been using it for a few years and I LOVE it. It's very inexpensive especially if your mail volume is low. For the vast majority of the mail I get, I have it opened and scanned so I can read it remotely then trash it, or if it's junk mail I have them trash it without opening it, I rarely need for them to forward anything to me. It's a terrific way to protect your home address, I mainly use to reduce the volume of crap in my home mailbox but I do sometimes use it for reasons of privacy. It's also great if you are away from home a lot, so you can read your mail immediately online or have it forwarded to wherever you are.

BigBird likes this.
  6. MikeR

MikeR Well-Known Member

Ehh Maybe? Who know's lol!

1675 Se Bell Dr
    Waukee, IA

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yep, correct again. :D

8. MikeR

MikeR Well-Known Member

Seems a little fishy....:crackup:

G 97 likes this.
  9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Yeah but people have gotten progressively more retarded since 1995...

Do your best to obscure your location.

10. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Who hires you? The good guys or the bad guys? If it’s the good guys that hire you, use the opticsof a PO Box as a selling point. You’re so good at what you do that you’ve made people so upset they wanted to retaliate against you.

auminer likes this.
  11. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Thought you were in IA. I don’t know or care to find out. In WI, it’s all online and really easy. As someone else said, you can always try to hide even that, but it wouldn’t help unless you do it from the start since the tax info online provides the history, as well.

G 97 likes this.
  12. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yep. Definitely very little anonymity these days with the internet and public records.

13. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Bell Drive, correct? Gave me a list of phone numbers, too. If I want to pay $20, I'll get the complete record on you. Took all of 10 seconds online.

Like you said, there is no privacy left.

MikeR, Funkm05 and G 97 like this.
  14. G 97

G 97 Garth

I better be receiving Christmas cards now from all of you stalkers. :D

MikeR likes this.
  15. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Careful what you ask for. ;)

MikeR and Banditracer like this.
  16. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I'll just text you on your cell. :beer:

Banditracer and YamahaRick like this.
  17. G 97

G 97 Garth

:crackup:

18. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Depending on who you testify for you may be able to obscure your public records. Cops never come up in the property records

19. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I believe Post Office Box info is open to the public . You used to be able to find owner info just by asking

Edit: I see this was addressed already

20. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Harden your target. While it is true that privacy is in the shitter, systems that make your place more secure are getting better and cheaper. They will help you protect property better. As for lives, invest in yourself a bit, if you haven't already. Have someone with expertise evaluate your pad.