1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2019 | Round 15 | Buriram | Thailand | Oct 4 - 6

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Sep 30, 2019.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, that was some Marquez-level shit.

2. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I think Pol would be the best Honda rider next to Marquez if he went there. Not saying much maybe, but I think he’d have consistent podiums. Of current guys on the grid, the only ones who I think would do well there are Pol and Iannone. Aleix might do well there but I think Pol’s ultimate level might be a little higher than Aleix.

I think Pol is going to be the next Dovi. A guy who didn’t set the world on fire at first, but who put in really hard work and stuck it out and eventually became a legit contender.

Zarco will never get a full time ride in MotoGP again unless it’s pay to play. Fast rider on a Yamaha, but he proved he couldn’t stick it out. He could’ve had a career trajectory exactly like Dovi at Ducati. Jorge was in the shit for 18 months at Ducati before he did anything. Zarco showed that he can’t stick it out. So did Folger. They both left their employers in the lurch big time. No one will trust either of them again. There are some hot prospects in Moto2 that have just as much upside and none of the baggage. A team manager isn’t going to risk his own ass hiring that guy knowing he’s willing to cut and run. A factory team with a budget would rather pay a fast Moto2 guy than take a risk with him for free. It’s over for Zarco.

Only way Zarco finds a full time ride again is if he wildcards with Yamaha and wins that shit. At least twice.

Shit, even Crutchlow had the good sense to find a life raft before jumping from Ducati!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  3. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

1. Quatararo
    2. Marquez
    3. Morbidelli

4. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Apparently I was wrong about it shutting people up...
    You do realize that it was a Yamaha that Quartararo was on to set the lap record, don't you? It does not matter how you slice it, any bike capable of setting the outright lap record at any track is not "slow".

5. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

It's MotoGP, so "slow" is relative for sure. The problem is that in an actual race, with traffic and "race" moves the Yamaha lacks the acceleration of the Ducati and Honda. Without traffic and tire concerns they can set amazing 1 lap pace. That is a completely different riding strategy than what happens in races, and the Yamaha (to date) has fared worse in races than qualifying for that reason.

lopitt85 likes this.
  6. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

:stupid: agree. Accelerating after racing maneuvers, coming off slow corners, overtaking or preventing an overtake on the straights, all bad news for Yamaha in race. And completely different requirements than qualifying.

Announcers said Vinales was losing like 3-4 tenths a lap to Dovi last race just on the straight. When Dovi caught him he never even entertained the idea of trying a pass in the tight stuff. Just waited until the straight where he knew he could walk him and Vinales couldn't do anything about it. Guy rode his ass of and just got eaten up on the straights.

Same thing when Quatararo had the lead with Marquez and Dovi behind him a few rounds ago. They blitzed him on the straight and closed like a 4-5 bike gap and then gapped him all on the same straight. Watching the video was just sad and I'm just watching, cant imagine how that feels to the rider.

ShadowBoxer and Dragginass like this.
  7. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

It is extremely more difficult to pass in corners than on a straight. And I agree that Zarco is done as a premier class rider. I don't know what the future holds for him but Fabio is making it look like it was more the bike.

8. wac

wac Well-Known Member

Hello? Is this thing on?

masshole likes this.
  9. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

FQ screaming in his helmet over and over after losing. F ya I like this kid.

Quicktoy likes this.
  10. G 97

G 97 Garth

Was hoping MM scratched on the eight ball. :D

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Did I see a Broasters Chicken shirt just after this replay???

12. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Forget Rossi, Agostini better start sweating. Only 2 more and Marquez is on the top step of premier class God status.

13. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

pretty good race for 1 & 2.. no one else showed up today.

Quicktoy and Dragginass like this.
  14. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

There was no action on the Beeb when Doohan was dominating either. It takes Rossi to get people interested.

15. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

And then he was all smiles when they interviewed him. He seems like he has a great attitude. I guess we will see if he keeps that attitude when pressure and expectations get piled on him. I sure hope so because at this point he seems like the real deal.

On another note, did anyone else notice how old Rossi is starting to look. He has that same look going on that Schwantz had right before he retired.

16. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Marquez is just playing with the rest of the field. And Rossi is about to really embarrass himself finishing the season behind the rookie on the old spec bike.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

94-98?

18. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

(joke)

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

Ah yes, the never ending dominating of a very weak field. :crackup:

20. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I must say that race went almost exactly as expected.

Phl218 likes this.