1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Teach me on having a bike shipped?

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Oct 2, 2019.

1. peterleduc

peterleduc Well-Known Member

I hate to say it but for you (the consumer) it’s important to understand how most of these guys make their money. More or less they drive around looking for work (hailing stuff). If your bike in in Seattle and they are in DE or MA, it’s going to take a while. Your bike may get picked up, routed through Denver, Arizona, LA and then on to you. From the time they pick it up to delivery could be 3 days to 4 weeks and change based upon what they can haul/pick up on their journey. For the most part communication is what is most important. Having the drivers phone number so you can harass them via text is key to managing your expectations.
    If all that sounds harder to deal with than a true shipping company then you don’t get to save the 200-500 by using a moto shipper. Hire Yellow freight, get a bill of laden, tracking number, expected deliver day and then build a shipping pallet etc.

2. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I am sure that once you are a customer, they provide great service. I think there was another thread about this, but I tried to get a quote from them a couple of times and never heard anything back at all so I moved on. I think he actually came on here posted about how busy they were. I wouldn't hesitate to try and use them again, but that was my experience.

3. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I would agree, and Tim will as well. I hear the disappointment in his voice when he tells me that he has to either ignore or turn down work due to his workload or availability. I'm sorry that you had that experience as that will definitely turn someone off from using his service as well as color any future recommendations for a shipping service.

To the OP: I know that Fastenal ships bikes as well through their freight services, and I have heard that they are reasonably priced.

4. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I got a price through Tim. He didn't answer phones calls but I got an email reply pretty quickly. Time is on my side as most tracks around me are done with racing and track days I believe. Which ever bike I go with I just wanna make sure I protect myself with sending money and a good company that won't tie the bike down with bungie cords and call it good.

pscook likes this.
  5. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Motoshippers hands down the best experience I have had shipping a bike. Those guys just flat out take care of the stuff they are shipping like it was their own.

pscook likes this.
  6. doppio

doppio Well-Known Member

I ended up having to use UShip to get my Africa Twin delivered recently. I turned down several shipping offers before finalizing after lots of communication with the shipper. Seemed decent enough, knows how to transport bikes in his Sprinter and was on schedule with both pickup and delivery.

The deal with the seller deal went smooth, they sent photos, videos and a lot of info about the bike and answered all my questions. We exchanged our info and he emailed a copy of the title. I paid for a title history with the DMV and everything was as described so sent cashier's check along with bill of sale for him to sign to include with signed over title. I also included a return shipping label to get it back to me asap.

7. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

I used motoshippers this summer for my move. He hauled a car and four bikes for me. I would recommend and would use him again if the need arises. I did have to be proactive about some of the communication with a call or text, but absolutely no complaints about the shipping.

pscook likes this.
  8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I tried to use them to ship some items that werent really time sensitive from a FL location to a Sacramento location... the CSR lady told me they cannot deliver anything to CA.