1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GD it Yelp!

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Isn’t a yelp a painful cry? Why would they name their company that? I guess they knew what they were doing from the very beginning.

3. twodocs

twodocs Well-Known Member

Haha, there are 5 positive reviews since this thread started and her negative review is at the bottom. Beeb influencers.

Chris, evakat, TurboBlew and 4 others like this.
  4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Any other business owners here that could use a yelp boost?

5. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Hell no. F them, BBB and all the others. I refuse.

TurboBlew likes this.
  6. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Yep, you’re yelping. :D

7. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

Yelp is 100% bullshit, total scam. End of the day only a small percentage of people will take the time to leave a review if their experience was a good one. To be fair I do not blame them as I do not believe I have ever posted a review myself. Trustpilot is the paid review service we use with Google reviews being the non-paid service we also use. It is important to note with Trustpilot we are not able to edit or remove any of the reviews even though we pay for the service.

We have 7,570 total reviews on Trustpilot posted over the past 5 years or so. 89% of these are 5 stars, 7% are 4 stars so our average is 5 star with a "Trust Score" of 4.8. While 7,570 reviews sounds like a decent number it only represents about one month of total orders.

We have 2,342 total Google reviews posted over the past 12 months. 91% are 5 stars, 5% are 4 stars so our average is 5 star at 96% positive.

On FUCKING YELP we have a total of 43 reviews with the first one having been posted in 2009. 19 of these are 5 stars, 13 of these are 1 stars so our average is 3 stars.

As you can see the results are very similar on Trustpilot and Google with Yelp being the exception. My conclusion is Yelp is total bullshit, enough so their numbers would be throw out of any proper scientific study.

Yelp can eat a dick!

Chris, MachineR1, TurboBlew and 5 others like this.
  8. G.Rand

G.Rand Well-Known Member

I could always use a Yelp boost ..... for those that care to post a review, I would greatly appreciate it. I love the idea that the beeb has an influence on stupid Yelp.
    Here's my Yelp link: https://www.yelp.com/biz/uvasun-los-angeles-2?osq=tanning

9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Done!

- Tom W

G.Rand likes this.
  10. G.Rand

G.Rand Well-Known Member

Got it -- Thanks!! Great review -- written like a professional Yelper! I like this little conspiracy.......

L8RSK8R likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dunno how to yelp sorry, but I could use a tan... :crackup:

MachineR1 and G.Rand like this.
  12. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

:crackup:

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You’d cause an eclipse. :Poke:

L8RSK8R likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

In a tanning bed????

I am honestly amazed that no one has mentioned the body contouring yet :crackup:

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Round is a shape. :D

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

My body already has lots of contours :D

17. G.Rand

G.Rand Well-Known Member

I appreciate the thought and the willingness to leave a review -- I really do. You are welcome to come and get a tan anytime you are in Los Angeles .... it's the least I can do for all the fun I've had racing with WERA in the past. If you want body contouring you're going to have to agree to put down the pie for a while to get all the benefits from that service....it's a hell of a sacrifice to maintain your girly curves :Poke:

18. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

We have had guests ask for freebies in exchange for a good review. Or they'll complain and then ask for a free night or discount to "make it right". We usually take the time to write to TripAdvisor and tell them about that, since that is against their terms of service. These review companies are all scams, but they usually back down when you tout their own terms of service.

At the end of the day, you can be the best business in the world and you're going to have to eat a negative review once in a while. It's funny to see the reviewer's other reviews, which are usually all negative. I think most customers realize that a few negative reviews are just that- people who have no life and nothing better to do than whine online.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What's funny is this is nothing new, just the online version of what Who's Who and Dun and Bradstreet and the BBB have all been doing forever.

SteveThompson likes this.
  20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

You mean being a two time Who's Who among American Highschool Students isn't that big a deal???

No wonder it never works on the ladies...