1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World SBK | ROUND 11 | Pirelli French Round | 27 - 29 SEP

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Sep 26, 2019.

1. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Someone posted a link to a site saying Spies is getting Garrett a ride in world superbike but my German reading skills have almost completely diminished so I could be wrong.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  2. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

yuup, thats what it says. BUT I would not be overjoyed as it also said it is for free. Big risk if there is a paid ride on our side of the pond but its a chance he may not pass up.

Skter505 likes this.
  3. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

I Would not blame him for giving it a go for free. I am sure there will be a contract and if he is as smart as I think he is there will be a win/podium bonus. There are people in WSBK paying to race, so to me a chance to do it for free to have a chance of something better is worth it.

Skter505 and AC1108 like this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

Good Race. #teamGreen :)

5. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

Well Monster is one of his current sponsors, he could possibly get them as a personal sponsor. Just because the team isn't paying him doesn't necessarily mean he won't get paid. Passing up the opportunity would be a mistake IMO.

The Great One likes this.
  6. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Looks like Toprak has developed a taste for the podium.

7. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Supposedly he’s super pissed at Kawasaki for how they treated him at the 8 hours.

8. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Toprak took out AB so the title is Rea’s, not that it wasn’t inevitable anyway.

BigBird likes this.
  9. Have to say in race 1 no one seemed to give rea much room for a guy leading the championship.

10. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Did anyone else have trouble with audio? I think the BeIn guy was cutting in, and had some comments about the umbrella girls.

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

High 5

Five in a row...

Where's that man's MotoGP ride?

Great job by Rea and Team Green!

Sent from my smatrfone

masshole likes this.
  12. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I thought Bautista was supposed to have it wrapped up after the third round. :rolleyes:

13. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Props to Baz as well.. he’s been riding really well.

BigBird likes this.
  14. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Great races, especially race 1 and the super pole race. There was no quarter for any of them. Was happy to see Toprak get two wins head to head against Rea. Was bummed to see him take Bautista and himself out but great for Rea.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

2 rounds left? Well, this is awkward…

BigBird, NemesisR6 and 418 like this.
  16. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

I remember how AB19 won the 2019 wsbk championship back in April (iirc) :D

stk0308 likes this.
  17. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

The supersport race was fooking awesome. Great racing all around. Time to watch the little bikes!

evakat likes this.
  18. Odilup

Odilup Well-Known Member

He doesn't want one.

19. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Good for Toprak, and congratulations to Mr. Rea.
    He was quite humble in his post race interview and gave credit to everyone that helped him. Nice to see that in someone that just won a championship.

BigBird likes this.
  20. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

So you're Bautista... won 11 in a row at the start, and lost the Championship... what now? LOL... talk about a confidence killer.

Congrats Rea.

Good to see 2 yamaha's on the boxt! Maybe they can take some data and apply it to their GP program. :D