1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leaking Washing Machine Help

Discussion in 'General' started by fastedyamaha, Sep 27, 2019.

1. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

Agreed. Love mine. Worth every penny.

ducnut likes this.
  2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Replace. Only answer.

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I don’t understand why they don’t expand their product line. With boutique/commercial brands being so popular, surely the market could support SQ offering other appliances.

5. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Not to be a contrarian, but when I was researching recently, it seems like the most recent models have taken a dip in quality, at least on the consumer side of things. I am not really that familiar but that was where my research took me.

6. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

I'd gladly buy a stove or a fridge from them. But washing machines & dryers are all they've ever done from what I understand and they're good at it. Something to be said for them recognizing what they're good at and sticking to it.

My washer/dryer setup is less than a year old and it's been flawless. I don't run them every day so I can't say I'm a heavy user but very happy with the setup, so far. I fully expect it to last me 20-25 years.

ducnut likes this.
  7. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Glad to hear they are working out. I ended up not pursuing it any further because I needed one quickly so needed to find something available locally. Ended up with a Whirlpool front loader that is at least assembled here in Ohio, but definitely don't expect to get 20-25 years out of it. I'd be more than happy with 10.

ducnut likes this.
  8. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

Take the screws off the back of the top panel,pull it off and start the machine.Most common leak points on LG front loaders are the door boot as mentioned,the water inlet valve (very obvious when doing the step mentioned above) and the tub to drain pump hose.It had an accordion pleat to let it flex as the tub moves,they will wear and get a tear between the pleats.Possible,but not common,is the pressure sensor hose coming off at the tub bottom.

jksoft likes this.
  9. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

You would have found it by now if you didn't waste your time on here typing this. :D Last washer I tried to fix was like 7? years old and I had to get the drum off, NOPE the nut was so corroded on we pitched the mofo.

jksoft likes this.
  10. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

Yup, pretty easy fixes. Back in '16 the hose from the detergent/bleach/softener tray to tub developed a crack and was leaking. $15 part from Amazon and half hour work, most of which was getting the washer pulled out from it's place in laundry room to be able to work on it.

11. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

First off, have you checked the water supply hoses?

My sis's LG dryer quit suddenly about 3 months after she moved into her new house. Every appliance guy I asked recommended getting a new dryer.

As it turned out, the dryer outlet in the wall had a slightly loose neutral screw.

12. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

They really aren't that hard to work on. The trickiest thing is getting the door gasket retaining ring back on.

YouTube it.

13. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

I had a GE that did this, but it took forever to find where it was coming from. It only leaked for about 5 seconds during the cycle, but didn't know when initially. After staring at it with a mirror through a few cycles i found that it only leaked when the washer was at the end of the first drain/spin cycle. It started rinsing in the last few seconds of the spin cycle and was leaking around the boot on the drum while the drum was shaking, that was hard to find. Strangely there wasn't anything physically wrong with the part it had just gotten loose in the drum.

14. When I heard leaking washing machine all I could think is your woman’s out of tampons?

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned