1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GNF

Discussion in 'General' started by E Reed, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Doesn't the pa run thru a FM radio station at Barber?

2. jeremy dunn

jeremy dunn Well-Known Member

I wasn’t able to race this year but am planning on making it to the GNF, a couple years ago you allowed people who hadn’t run a previous round to run the sportsman classes but weren’t eligible for points. Is that the same this year or would I only be able to run the national races on Sunday? Pretty sure There’s no chance of me winning, I just want to race.

3. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

you can run the ama races also

4. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

[​IMG]

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Evidently they had some issues and shut it down.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You'll have to talk to Evelyne but my personal issue with that is what if you're out there and have an effect somehow on the legal riders race?

There are National and AMA classes you can definitely run.

jeremy dunn likes this.
  7. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Maybe they can fix it before the GNF?

8. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

I don't have a dog in the fight as I won't be able to make it this year but the last time that was allowed I heard a bunch of complaints, a couple of them definitely valid from a couple of people who felt it kept them from being in a podium battle as someone who was going to be removed from the results anyway fought them tooth and nail and let the lead group open up just enough of a gap to keep them out of it.

I think it really comes down to if the rules say you have to run at least a race in that class during the year it shouldn't be allowed, otherwise why even have that rule if it's going to be ignored.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope, the issues weren't technical, I think it might have been a potential FCC thing because of how far the signal reached with the antenna up on the hill.

10. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I read something awhile back about bleed over onto some local radio station.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

She did it a couple years ago and last year I put my foot down and didn't let it happen. She's nice I'm not. I was trying to be nice to Jerry and not shoot him down right away - also the final call is hers - but I won't let it happen again. To the point I'd walk from being a part of the event. We loosened the requirements as rider turnouts have waned but it's still the WERA GNF and it is still a special race that deserves to stay that way.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's what I've heard but haven't talked to the track guys for verification.

I'm hoping to take one of our transmitters and tie it in.

13. jeremy dunn

jeremy dunn Well-Known Member

Ok cool! No worries, I understand completely. I knew I could run the national stuff but wasn’t sure about the sportsman races. I know the sportsman stuff used to be invitation only for people who had raced throughout the season & I like it that way. I’ll race what I can, I just need a fix & it will be good to see everyone.

14. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I'm in the same boat, so I am just going to bring a vintage bike or two.

15. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

yes.. i ran races there since it was opened. So... there's that.
    That's me on the 03R6 i bought from Rob Jensen. Was there every year up till CCS not running there around 08'ish.. Ran MotoST in 08 and 09 as well there..
    so, yea, people have been parking there forever. Myself included. Not making shit up to "justify my opinion".. people park there every event ! You don't want people to park there? fine.. we didn't have a problem. You kinda made it a problem after Steve, the guy that has a problem with pretty much everybody, had a problem. but hey, that's like, my opinion ..

And you are dead wrong about the last event's issue being caused by people wanting to be near Chuck. Bob Fisher didn't want nor need to be by Chuck. It was just a large spot , with the only available 50amp power supply where the PA could be heard. In the 3 event's iv'e been to lately, chuck didn't have any overflow into the handicap spot from himself, nor the other riders that pitted with him. Bryan Land did park an Rv next to him at last year's GNF as they rode endurance together.. no problems, no encroachment.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  16. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

didn't read all the posts but this area marked in green is now the "OFF LIMITS" spot Mark. Notice it looks exactly (like, really really exactly) like every other pit spot in this paddock, and has been used as a pit area since the park opened (yes, like, literally since opened in 2003, yes , i was there). But, now it's off limits for WERA events.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

17. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Funny every time I have been there with various track days orgs since 2005 , the area you highlighted has never been used for paddock space.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Odd, CCS didn't run there the first year that I remember, could be wrong.

You're absolutely wrong about people parking there since the beginning. There was no power and it was parking spots with lines as the picture earlier in the thread shows.

Get over whining about the PA. That thing is loud as hell and can be heard throughout the paddock.

I get it, you're going to get pissy about it, I truly don't care. We were nice, people got silly, no longer being nice. It's not rocket science and there is a huge paddock to use. All of your excuses why that one small area must be used are pure fantasy.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wasn't used for racing other than occasional vendors - including at AMA Pro events - until they put in the power poles.

20. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

This is Jennifer, Stevens wife, I'm going to fill you in on the reality that you seem to have forgotten for your own benefit and reasons so you could complain about Steven. So that week we left really early that Friday morning at 3.30 AM and drove all night and day with 2 kids 1 who was only 4 weeks old from Houston TX. We did this to get there early so me being sore and a new baby could get to AC throughout the day for easier access. When we arrived we even discussed parking with someone at WERA who said it was ok but that's not what eerks me... We then saw you and Chuck discussing parking and Steven and you 2 had a discussion on where everyone would park. Steven said we don't need much space and all of you decided how parking would go and everyone was all smiles and fine with it. Now let me lay the picture out for you. Chuck was parked and we had 3 parking spaces between chuck and the handicapped spaces. So not a TON of room like you claim but enough and plenty for us. We have a small trailer yes and it had a cable locked through the tires of the trailer that was parked in only 2 of the spots to ensure room to park trailer then to set up our pit area the next day. So we left for hotel at around 6.30 or 7 pm. The next morning we come back to find us moved completely into the last space which was right up on his trailer and only place we had to pit was into the handicap spaces. Which none of us wanted to be because its just wrong to park there in our opinion. Now I understand that the guy that moved us needed power, we both get that and no problem. But 1 it is NEVER okay to move someone else's things or even touch without permission and 2 why couldn't he be a nice respectful individual and park some place else when he arrived late mind you and then in the morning come to us and explain and ask if we could scoot over a little??? Which we would have gladly done but never got a chance to do so. Now with that said our bitch was that NO ONE SHOULD EVER TOUCH OR MOVE SOMEONE ELSES BELONGINGS WITHOUT PERMISSION.
    Now as far as Mongo saying no one can park there was never our intent that is what he chose to do, so please do not keep bashing Steven and our family when we went out of our way to do and talk to people about what we needed that weekend. Which you were apart of. Yes we made the best out of a bad situation but coming on here originally was not to bitch about nothing it was to get people to understand what happened to us is NOT OKAY and to warn people that this is apparently acceptable to some, which to me is sad (my opinion). Also after our initial post Steven sent photos to Mongo in an email of where we were parked and pitted at after the move.
    Also want to ask why your bashing Steven when you seemed all friendly to us that weekend and only seemed to have a problem when we said something on here. Yet you didn't have a problem when we where there? I am confused on why no one can come discuss issues they seem to have with Steven in person but can bash him all day and night on the internet. Yet no one says anything bad about the guy moving our stuff who you back up as such a great guy. Yes some did say things about vandalizing his things which we did not say and have not endorsed doing. Our point is this behavior in moving peoples things should not be aloud that is all we have talked about in regards to what happened. Also the fact you keep discussing and bringing it up to this extent is not needed as you were not strongly involved.
    Have a great night I just wanted to clear the air for those that don't seem to remember accordingly.
    See you at the GNF!
    ~Jennifer

E Reed and motoracer1100 like this.