1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorcycle/Camper Van for sale

Discussion in 'Other' started by Clive, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Clive

Clive Active Member

2001 Dodge cargo van (1500) custom built into race/camper van

Started life in the Air Force, I picked it up after an auction sale. Just crossed 100,000 miles, which I can say were 99% highway miles going to track days and races on the Western US. Very clean! As most everyone can tell you that has bought my bikes, I keep everything tip top! The following modifications were made to build it into a custom racing van that doubles as a camper van.

- Custom paint job from Miracle Paint in Walnut Creek
    - Custom side window
    - Insulated walls with custom carpeted walls
    - Mounted fire extinguisher
    - Custom wheels with brand new tires
    - Air Bags installed on rear axle for when you really want to load up the van or if you want to use a moto-tote on the trailer hitch receiver
    - Trailer hitch receiver
    - Murphy Bed with expensive comfortable mattress
    - Electric roof vent
    - Air conditioning front and rear (when the van is running)
    - 3rd seat between front seats that folds down, it's removed right now but can be installed in 30 minutes
    - Custom cabinet for gear and supplies
    - Baxley sport chock mount that allows bike to stay mounted with minimal tension on tie-downs
    - Bicycle mount
    - Nice sound system for blasting AC/DC for post track-day/race-day tunes
    - Safe mounted in rear
    - Fresh oil change and air filter replaced
    - Clean title
    - Fitted car cover
    - Remote alarm that notifies you if someone is breaking into the van

Van is located near Sacramento, California. I can assist with delivery within reason.

- Clive

Attached Files:

2. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

What engine? Glws!

3. jcivince

jcivince Well-Known Member

Price?

4. JTRC51

JTRC51 El Speedy Gonzalez

$5;and free candy for a year?

5. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

Ditto......

6. Clive

Clive Active Member

Sorry guys, totally forgot to list price... $7,000.

It has the V8 318 engine. It seems to get 14mpg no matter what kind of driving you do.

7. Clive

Clive Active Member

The free candy comes with the van... I have about a 1,000 jokes from my girlfriend about this van, "the non-consensual sex van" and the "speed adoption van" are my favorites. I then ask her if sexual predators who own vans are accused of owning a motorcycle van...

Phl218 and wsmc 589 like this.
  8. Filippo

Filippo Member

Can you fit 2 bikes inside?

9. Clive

Clive Active Member

Yes, but with the murphy bed, it's tighter than most vans. The only difference is that I would put one in facing forward and the other facing backward. If you didn't care about the bed, you can pull it out and fit two bikes a little easier.

10. Filippo

Filippo Member

The bed is what makes it more interesting
    Thank you

11. Clive

Clive Active Member

For sure. The mattress is an expense gel mattress too, so it's well padded. I keep the bed in and just do front to back loading when I put in two bikes.

12. Filippo

Filippo Member

But if you remove the mattress, the Murphy bed closes better?
    Do you mean front of the bike towards the back of the truck?

13. Clive

Clive Active Member

The mattress is thin. It is on the bed that is shown in the picture folded up. I put the bike on the right side facing forward and the bike on the left facing towards the back of the van. The murphy bed might close a little tighter without the mattress, in which case you can roll it up. It's heavy though as it is a gel mattress.

14. Clive

Clive Active Member

Sold