1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HS Shop Class Team for VMD V1/350GP

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by YoshiHNS, Sep 16, 2019.

1. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

OK Thx

Last time I looked at VMD seriously, AMA had a rulebook for the event, and there was discussion as to what WERA class went where.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ahhhh, yeah, we changed that up year before last to just go with our rules to keep things simpler.

3. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Don't worry, I think the last time Charlies raced, Kenny Roberts was still world champion.

yamageezer and CharlieY like this.
  4. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

In his defense, almost everything he rides, he breaks. I think I may be the only person who has ever lent him a bike to race, that he didn't break.

5. Robin172

Yep, he even broke one of mine, 20+ years after I sold it.

yamageezer likes this.
  6. CharlieY

HEY NOW!!!.....I'm not gonna claim total innocence or anything, but geesh!!!!!.....6 - 3/8" inch bolts giving way on a 30hp bike, theres something else there besides me!....as much as that bike has been ridden (none), Scudder could have started destroying it 20 yrs ago and I just finished it.:)

Not like Middleton has ever broken anything, right? He rides with a "cottony-soft-hand":moon:......And Scudder, the guy who shorts out his own electronic ignition?....How many times have I seen you riding with Fuzzy, Scudder?? :bow:

I do realize these 40-50 yr old bikes we mess are perfect and never been stressed in any way, but geesh, lets blame CY?.....bit harsh boys???:rolleyes:

Good times here gents:beer:

7. DougBowie

DougBowie Well-Known Member

I’m not even going to start on this subject......

8. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

:clap::clap::clap:

9. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Checking the rules.

We can run 350GP with a stock engine and a 1mm overbore using any replacement piston/rings. Rest per stated rules and SS rules. Can run aftermarket spoked wheels of the same weight.

V1 is superbike rules then? Open engine modifications, suspension, wheels, ect.

10. CharlieY

Somewhat.....Frame bracing (superbike-ish) is allowed in both Classes (350GP and V1), but V1 allows you to brace the swingarm, GP=no.

V1 does allow more engine mods, porting, cams, plus the use of most any carbs (Mikunis)......GP= stock carbs only, stock cam, no porting.

V1 allows "period" disk front brake......GP=drum only

Both classes are spoked wheels (no mags) I believe.

11. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

So we could use the 65mm bore for 350GP, but not the 66mm or larger.

12. CharlieY

Correct sir.

13. CharlieY

V1 has gone to 67.5mm in the past. Todd Henning Racing pistons are common.

I have 67.5mm Bore Tech / Bill Moeller (ohio) pistons in my motor right now.....

14. Robin172

And they're as brand spanking new as when they left the manufacturer.

15. CharlieY

Why yes, yes they are sir!....along with the Falicon super-crank and the Nova 5-spd gear box......I need something acceptable to put them in.....like one of those english drixton thingys.

I hear them cry out in the night every once in awhile.....they say "please take me out and let me spank Scudder....Please, pretty please?!?":D ......but alas, the 1 acceptable chassis I do have is bent, but a new swingarm is underway. Once that is done the chassis will get some attention.

Dont frett Robin.....soon sir.:beer:

Steve 976 likes this.
  16. DougBowie

DougBowie Well-Known Member

17. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Just saw this. What an awesome concept!