1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica FINALE - Barber Motorsports Park - Sept 20-22 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Superbikeorbust

Superbikeorbust Well-Known Member

I believe Lee started racing in WERA.

FourThreeSix likes this.
  2. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

Glad Cam won, sucked that it came from team orders but herrin wasn't gonna let it be a natural battle anyway, I think herrin would have came 3rd both days if he didn't get caught up trying to be a blocker. Elias may have confirmed a rumor of Yamaha leaving also in his interview he said Cam won in the final season for Yamaha. Hope that rumor isn't true.

Bobby getting credit for the win even though he caused the red is a BS rule that needs changed but he rode good all weekend and definitely was the fastest.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  3. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone knows. I also heard they could be a one man team next year. I also have heard that Honda, with HRC getting back into WSBK and going "all in" is also looking over here as well.

Like last year, everyone seems to say the same thing, "you'll all know by COTA".

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

So.....

Back to back superbike titles for Cam and the Monster Yamaha team.....are they still really going to disband the team for 2020 as rumors would indicate?

5. jeremy dunn

jeremy dunn Well-Known Member

I heard rumors of RICKdiculous not coming back either, something to the tune of MA screwing several good teams this year. But again, internet rumors.

6. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

They are done that's not a rumour, it's confirmed by Kelly Reese and others

7. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

PJ just keeps coming off as a bigger and bigger Dbag all the time. I used to be a fan, now I can't stand him.

JJJerry and noles19 like this.
  8. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Rickdiculous gone
    Yamaha gone
    Hand shake deal with kawi will fall thru
    Suzuki will be gone after next year
    Attack gone
    It'll be a glorified club race in 3 years. Unfortunately they did it to themselves with the rules package.

9. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

The rumor I heard is that the factory is pulling out of the Yamaha team and Stamboli is going to be taking over the entire team, crew, hauler and bikes. Would explain why JD is out of a ride for next year as well.

stk0308 and Hoffman900 like this.
  10. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

These things with Yamaha have been known for months actually since before beginning of the season and were rumored LAST YEAR.
    Every time I mention it on here I’m a hater. Lol
    Does everyone think MotoAmerica started Club racing to get novice racers on pay per view? No they did it to survive.
    They tested the waters with the WERA Triple Crown to see what turn out would be like and capitalized on it.
    For the record I think it’s bull shit. Now if the will just admit it’s a Pro/Am series i would be fine with that. But don’t try and lie to me.

Oh yea Ben Spies he’s also a hater and idiot according to the masses here. :crackup:

Ride safe,
    AAron

drop likes this.
  11. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

How is this different than when Yamaha was the "Graves" team a few years ago? Seems like just going back to the way things were, bit this time being Attack Yamaha?

12. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

SWAG! :D - Congrats to AD, Rob and Team Hammer. (And thanks to Alex and Rob for the autographs).
    13F6A2B9-F4FA-4BCA-80DA-184F3297B0A9.jpeg

Peter Hively and MELK-MAN like this.
  13. Hoffman900

So Graves Kawasaki and Attack Yamaha? That’s quite the switcheroo from like 15 years ago.

14. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

that save today on the front straight was EEEHUUUGEEEE ! .. and he knew it.

15. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

As Sean said.. we know and race with Mesa and May. Pullin for em, not wishin ill on Lee, he for sure deserved another #1 plate, but.. Mesa is my lil' Bro :)

Gino230 likes this.
  16. Hoffman900

It’s also on Ken Hill’s and Adam Bronfman’s IG pages as of a couple hours ago about Rickdiculous. Sounds like they want to focus on the school - I’m sure racing was taking away from weekends to make $$.

I wonder how much of Rick Hobbes retiring played a roll in the rumored Yamaha / Stamboli mash up.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  17. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Ben’s racing next year

18. So do the inside of his white leathers :)

19. Not to mention they are spending their money and time to do it, not winning surely doesn’t help. I don’t know what Broffman’s do for day “jobs” but I doubt they just sit around all day and count their inheritance. What bothers me the most is they seem to be leaving a bit pissed off. Captain obvious statement but Motorsports need people with money, especially that can front the upfront capital costs to get a team going before sponsors arrive and float it if they don’t. Like most it was kind of assumed Hayden would run away with the championship. Then other got rides. Multiple crashes, drama, etc would make you wonder why spend money to go through it all. I’d be willing to place a bet (real $ bet) that if the season went better they’d be back next year. Something that also came to mind was wondering if the penalty on Kelly’s dad being so harsh was somewhat of a political play to try to keep them in the paddock? Will probably never know but it was the first thing that popped into my head. I’d love to see Attack Yamaha, I think with the $ Richard could do great things with that team. Guess only better result would be a 1-2 though :)
    I’d love to see a Hayden run team. I know Tommy already has a gig but I think he’s a guy I’d love to see run a team. Like every year this will sort itself out. Teams come and go, well except team hammer.

20. Maybe the decision makers at those companies are swingers? Just a thought and a bad one at that :)