1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some Old-ish WERA Summit Pics

Discussion in 'General' started by Sweatypants, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Was reminded today that I still have this album sitting on my Facebook from some day at Summit we were hanging out. I don't even remember what year at this point. 2011 says the uploads I guess. I dunno who's in there, maybe you're in there, RubberChicken RIP... enjoy...

https://www.facebook.com/Cloins.Loins/media_set?set=a.793191890083&type=3

(hopefully you can see that link)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:cool: Decent enough for a POS point-n-shoot kinda sorta. I dunno.

jd41, SpeedyE and OldGuyOnBlu like this.
  2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

RubberChicken died? Did I know this?

5axis and SpeedyE like this.
  3. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

:stupid:

News to me as well

SpeedyE likes this.
  4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I knew he didn't post any more, but didn't know he died. RIP Rubber Chicken

SpeedyE likes this.
  5. Sweatypants

I thought so? Shit man, now you guys got me questioning myself. I thought I remembered people on here saying he got ill a few years ago and it didn't pan out well. If that's mistaken than that's some bright news. Met the guy a few times, he was super nice to talk to. Now I dunno shit...

His last activity says 2019. You still out there man?

6. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Top pic is Michel Perussault
    I raced endurance on that bike with him and Major Long at Miller Motorsports in Utah. Team Coyote.

Ride safe,
    AAron

7. adio1dog

adio1dog Well-Known Member

Bottom picture is Jason Palmer. That was a good bike he was on. I liked Rubber Chicken as well, nice guy. I hope he is not RIP...

8. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I thought he just hung up his leathers, not RIP.

But I don’t know shit either.

9. Sweatypants

10. Sweatypants

who was the dude running Expert with the neon-green ZX10R back then rocking the MSS link and those type mods? bigger guy? feel like i haven't seen anything from him either in a long time and now i can't remember the forum handle.

11. Sweatypants

i remember meeting you either that day or another around that time as well... i think you had like a 1098 with no tail section and some sick exhaust or something and the other one with the fighter pilot shark mouth graphics? vodka sponsor or something haha? i dunno man i just remember those ducatis, and some race were like a shifter broke or some shit at one of the last rounds of the year, but they all blend together now. this whole thing came up because somebody was talking about how their track day didn't have good photography and i remembered i had these pictures.

12. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

I believe #76 is Bemisderfer and #1 is Sam Gaige. Gaige was crazy fast on an R6 for that time period, pretty sure he was in the 14’s and possibly dipped into the 13’s.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

76 is Jeff Atwell. Way too small to be Tim :D

14. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Here, present and decidedly not dead.

Somewhat the worse for wear, though.

Retired from racing at end of 2014 season, crashed hard at Jennings in March 2015, got Last Rites before they loaded me into the chopper to GA.

Still kicking, not doing track stuff at age 65. My throttle hand didn’t understand that my ability to process speed data had failed.

Thanks for asking.

K51000, Shenanigans, SpeedyE and 12 others like this.
  15. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

The rumors of your demise have obviously been greatly exaggerated. :)

Sweatypants and Banditracer like this.
  16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's always nice when people return from the dead. :)

K51000, SpeedyE, ToofPic and 8 others like this.
  17. Sweatypants

Glad to hear man sorry haha. Sorry you're not riding any more though, was fun to watch.

18. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Yes I remember meeting you.
    I had a 1098 and an 848. I was lucky enough to be a test dummy for the DoubleDog Moto stuff Mark (the owner) was developing. I had that monocoque carbon fiber tail section and the full titanium underslung exhausting the bikes.
    Clique vodka was giving me money to race. (Man those were the days!)
    And yep last race of the year all I had to do was beat Shaky Dave Podolsky (Chicken Hawk TIRE warmer owner ) and I won 2 additional championships.
    The dry clutch on my 1098 literally exploded and ate itself. Actually cut into my engine case and blew debris everywhere inside the motor. Top it off it was so hot bike caught fire. Dave had conceded that I was going to win and I had 15 second lead on last lap when everything came apart.
    I remember Dave seeing me off to the side with a fire extinguisher on my bike just off track between t2 and t3 and seeing his throttle hand go WFO knowing that he was gonna beat me :crackup:
    Days like that make you hate this sport ... till the next season or race lol.

Ride safe,
    AAron

Sweatypants, pscook and renegade17 like this.
  19. Sweatypants

P1060412.JPG

boom hahaha. thing was so sick. that was a damn shame man, we were like, "he's got this in the bag"... then silence. win some lose some i guess.

MachineR1 and DucatiBomber like this.
  20. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

My throttle hand didn’t understand that my ability to process speed data had failed.

Thats an awesome analogy,and I too suffer from this disease! Don't know ya,but glad you're alive!:bow: