1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Rumor has it that none of them are desperate enough to bite. :D

2. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

[​IMG]

Strong is the hate in this thread for the dude.

dtalbott likes this.
  3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I don't hate him, he's just not a very good qb.

AC1108 and brex like this.
  4. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

He was a force to be reckoned with in his first year playing. Then teams figured out how to defend against him and his run-first mentality. Unfortunately for him, he was too convinced of his greatness by that time to spend any time improving. He was too busy posting pics of his shoe collection on the gram. The rest of the NFL passed him by.

dtalbott likes this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

he's got to be better than any Jets QB on the roster, the 2nd stringer in PA, and list goes on

6. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

He's better than a lot of QBs playing right now. People are losing their minds over what Lamar Jackson is doing, but several of his stats have been "the first person to do xxxxx since Kapernick".

BigBird likes this.
  7. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I don’t want to to this into another dungeon type thread on Kap, but suffice it to say that when you look at the total package that is Kap, the NFL GM’s disagree.

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

only because of the backlash from the "fans"

9. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I'm a Ravens fan and I aint drinking the LJ Kool Aid just yet. Let's see how they perform against the Chiefs this Sunday. If he is what they say he is, I'll take a bath in it!

:stupid:

BigBird likes this.
  10. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

That’s partly why I refer to the “total package” that entails all of that.

BigBird likes this.
  11. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

He's OK at the position it's just that he's another one that needs to STFU ( not happening ) and play ball.

12. Sabre699

So the Jags put one in the win column. Jalen Ramsey was quiet (for him) and played ball.
    Congrats to Gardner Minshew.....20/30 and 2 TD's.

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

Happy for Tom C :) He was just another Giants scapegoat

Sabre699 and Lawn Dart like this.
  14. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Minshew and Chark look like the real deal. I know its early, but there's some stuff there. Poor Foles can't catch a break.

I have said from the day they drafted him that the Titans would ruin Mariota, and that he would be released, go to some west coast team, and light it up. It hasn't happened yet, but my prediction (unfortunately) is still on track.

I'm one of the moderators of the Tennessee Titans subreddit, and its a fucking trainwreck over there right now. Half want Mariota gone, half demand its not on him. And 3/4 don't have good arguments in favor of either. Tannehill couldn't have won that game if they'd benched Mariota.

The Titans RG in the game last night (Jamil Douglas) was graded a 12.4/100 by Pro Football Focus. I feel like putting on your uniform correctly and getting in the right position/stance warrants a 10/100.

BigBird likes this.
  15. BigBird

BigBird blah

uhh...he literally caught a break :Poke:

:D

Sabre699 and Lawn Dart like this.
  16. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

True...

Last weekend, the Titans retired McNair and George's numbers at halftime. Going into the game, TV news kept showing old clips of both, and it reminded me of how good the offensive line was with Bruce Matthews, Kevin Mawae and others.

I've never been a big OL guy. I tend to like watching Defense, especially safeties and LBs, but I've been watching so much OL lately, that I have a new respect for what they do, in terms of skill.

BigBird likes this.
  17. BigBird

BigBird blah

Well at least you have your weekend free now, the only bonus of a thursday night game. I forgot there was even a game last night til I checked ESPN at 10:30. looks like Tom Brady took off the game too.

18. Sabre699

Say whaaaaa?

[​IMG]

19. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Cam Newton officially out this week.

Every pass catcher on the Panthers is celebrating.

20. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

ive got mccaffrey in my fantasy league. he should get some touches. :D

dtalbott likes this.