1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RRW.com Redesign

Discussion in 'General' started by Mot Okstef, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

Love it or hate it?

Personally I don't care too much for it. Checked it out this morning and while it's all flashy like some of the news websites, it takes a lot more scrolling to find an article, unlike the old format which listed the article titles in single lines by date. It also doesn't mark the articles you viewed "as read" like the old site did where the link would be darkened if you had previously read the article.

@John29 - Was this done at the request of users/subscribers or just one of those millennial things I'm going to have to get used to as I get older and don't like change? :D

And P.S. GIT OFF MA LAWN!!!! :crackup:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    418 and Quicktoy like this.
  2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Well they must have done that overnight cause it wasn't like that yesterday.

joec likes this.
  3. 418

418 Expert #59

Like the general concept but the layout if difficult.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Don't like the new logo in the upper left corner, the rest I guess I'll deal with.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Why do people change things that aren't broken? I want my 8-track back.

wsmc42, YamahaRick and Mot Okstef like this.
  6. I will still read it at least a couple times a day but I am not happy about the change.

AC1108 likes this.
  7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And y'all give me crap about me being old and crotchety.o_O

Sabre699 likes this.
  8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Well, it’s definitely a lot simpler than the Hookit layout they had previously. I was always bothered by how slow that site loaded… The new site definitely loads much quicker. Like anything else, we will all get used to it shortly and won’t even be able to remember what it was like before :)

9. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

i prefer this layout. i never liked the running list of news articles, especially on race weekends. when wsbk, motogp and motoA all had races going in the same weekend it was too busy and crowded.

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

It's an improvement.

11. It was broken, and required carrying Frankincense and Joan Mir in the middle of the night to the Oracle to get anything changed or fixed. The replatform gives them a path forward, and access to more eggheads. I'm sure the design will evolve.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Mir? The Space Station? Wow. Good thing they fixed it.

freeohio likes this.
  13. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Of course you’d be a fan of BNG :crackup:

YamahaRick, ChemGuy and scottn like this.
  14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

15. Mot Okstef

Loading quicker and UI navigation are two totally different things. The old site loaded just fine for me. And the layout is not simpler. The new layout takes much more navigation to get to articles and videos. Maybe they're doing a pilot to see what kind of feedback they get and will change it again to something better. ;)

The old site format was much better and had the headline articles scrolling across the top of the main page with links to the current videos. Now you have to dig deeper to the content that was previously displayed on the main page. Not an improvement IMO.

I'm with @R Acree I want my 8-track back! #oldandcrotchety. :D

trussdude likes this.
  16. Mot Okstef

Too busy and crowded? All the information was in one place in a single browser window. I could see what I had already viewed in addition to any new content that was added. Now you have to scroll all over the place to find anything you're looking for when it was all in one place before. Definitely a downgrade IMO.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  17. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

there would be a line with motogp qualifying, the line below it would be wsbk race 1 results, line below that would be moto america saturday race 1 lightweight results, then a line with junior cup warm up results, then a line about which truck in the paddock had better coffee that morning, then some other shit....

i joke but i much prefer going to the drop down, selecting motogp, and getting all motogp news there, then selecting the drop down for whichever series i want to look at next and getting that news there.

18. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Meh...have to get used to it.

19. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

20. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

This thread is a ploy to get JU to come out of hiding isn’t it?

Won’t work.:D

E Reed likes this.