1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 Schedule

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by Mongo, Nov 27, 2018.

1. busapilot

busapilot Well-Known Member

In the past, I believe Vintage did NOT run the weekends of Endurance or National Sprints.
    If this is still the case, am I correct that there will be NO VINTAGE the weekend of 6/14-16 @ PIRC (full Course), Wampum, PA-N,N2?
    If there IS VINTAGE, will vintage run both Sat and Sun?

2. videojack

videojack Racing for Therapy

I have created a combined schedule of AHRMA and WERA races on my blog: https://vintageracer.wordpress.com/race-schedule/

If you find anything that may have changed, I did write it shortly after both were posted.

Make notes and I'll make corrections.

Thanks

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Vintage is run on every Sportsman weekend/day so at PIRC there will be Vintage racing on Sunday (Friday N2 Track day, Saturday Endurance races, Sunday sprint racing).

4. busapilot

busapilot Well-Known Member

Thank you Sean

5. R/T Performance

R/T Performance Well-Known Member

grattan rounds one weekend clock wise and counter? don't see it noted in the schedule

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh yeah, I was trying to get some input on that and totally forgot to put in on the final version - I'll have to find my notes and get it fixed when I'm back in the office.

R/T Performance likes this.
  7. BigBird

BigBird blah

any intention for 2020 NJMP, will the track rent decently to non-rider's clubers, like WERA?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Way too expensive if we can't partner up with N2 and even then we lost money both times we did it. Which means it is the bosses call and I stay out of it :D

R/T Performance likes this.
  9. Motohead8

Motohead8 Member

I'm very interested to see if VIR and Summit will be on for 2020. Less Tally in the SE would be great also.

10. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Any chance of NCM in 2020? Guessing no radical changes that make it safe for racing yet?

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Less Talladega? It's only 3 of them. Working on VIR and Summit.

NCM is unlikely but still trying to find a chance to get up there and check it out. Maybe next month but probably not unless things slow down a lot.

Motohead8 likes this.
  12. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

While I'm thankful Wera finally showed up at NJMP in 2017. That date was just wrong timing for entries with CCS having their biggest Memorial Day Weekend event at Summit. However it was a great time as we got to see the Blue Angels and race endurance.

In 2018 it was October and nobody trusted the weather then. (N2 still has that date in 2019 btw)

I get NJMP plays games with the motorcycle clubs and racers. We can see it with our eyes closed. And that is a shame as it only hurts the sport.

13. Motohead8

Motohead8 Member

Only 3? It's 1/3 of the schedule and eats tires. I spend less at Rd Atl/Barber and race more because that tire money goes toward race fees. I say nix a Tally round and add a Rd Atl round with endurance the same weekend. We need more endurance rounds!! Combine it with one of the N2 trackday dates.

14. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Do you have any idea how much more money it is to rent road Atlanta vs tally?
    Not to mention how busy road Atlanta is, they don't have very many free weekends..

15. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

The blue Angels were amazing in 2017 the rest of the weekend not so much haha

tawzx12r likes this.
  16. Maximumjeff

Maximumjeff Well-Known Member

We’ll be there the 19-20th...

17. Motohead8

Motohead8 Member

Yes I do, about $16k/day. Which is why its important you show up and pay to race. Yes, there arent a lot of dates which is why I said combine it with a date N2 already has secured like every other endurance round. Now you have endurance race fees and trackday riders and a SE round all in the same weekend to help cover the cost. Oh and we can buy more races because we're using less tires. Name one rider who would rather race at Tally vs Rd Atl? On op of that we get to show N2 trackday riders what racing is like and maybe convert them. Its really a perfect plan that Mongo will now easily destroy lol

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I am sorry but we spend something like 4 or 5 times to rent those compared to Talladega.

More endurance sounds great, if you can find us a sponsor for lets say 10k a round I'll as as many as they like. 15k for Road Atlanta and Barber though.

I'm truly lost on the tire thing, how can you be going through more than a set a day at any of those tracks?

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's track rental, add in insurance and staffing and both are closer to 25k a day.

N2 is in business to run trackdays, they can't/won't give up any date we want just to be nice. BTW - Endurance fees do not cover an Endurance day. If they did we never would have shut down the series. Trackday riders for the most part also don't want to be converted to racing.

I do appreciate the input but we really have been doing this a while and have tried all of those things...

20. Motohead8

Motohead8 Member

Sorry, the $16k/day figure was given to me by the boss herself, so just relaying what I was told.