1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks to the one that made it all possible...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Gorilla George, Sep 16, 2019.

1. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I just want you guys to know I'm gonna pray for you.

Pitdad42 likes this.
  2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

Wow. Some of you might consider some prayer time considering just how slow and crappy racers you are.

4. Lawd hammercy. :crackup:

5. Exactly.

We want to hear your inner thoughts during the race, strategies, things that went wrong or unplanned, how some dude pissed you off, what you are going to do different next time, etc.

...not how it was all possible due to a magical sky being.

6. :crackup:

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Or perhaps a recitation of your difficulties acquiring water
    pre-race weekend and how you emerged victorious from the
    glorious aqua competition by utilizing your wits.

And shit.

Gorilla George likes this.
  8. I never said there is anything wrong with someone having faith and shit, my point is that it is a personal thing, and every time a microphone is in someone's face that doesn't mean they have to use that opportunity to ramble on and preach about it. If that is how they feel, so be it. It is their personal choice and feelings; no need to go on and on about it in public (especially on air, when fans want to hear about the race itself).

It would be like someone getting interviewed post-race, and being like "I just want to take a minute to thank Crossfit. If it wasn't for Crossfit, I wouldn't have been able to finish this race. Crossfit has saved me from a life of obesity and underperformance. I owe all of this to Crossfit".

Nobody gives a shit about your Crossfit. Save that for your personal life, or personal blog.

Rather than saying "I owe all of this to jesus", how about thanking the dude(s) that actually did something to make it possible. If I was on the crew, id be like "Really...you owe it all to jesus huh...I don't remember jesus handing me a 9mm when I was still working at 2am trying to fix your crashed shit, so you could race today".

9. At least that would be somewhat entertaining. :D

10. intrcptrrdr

intrcptrrdr Well-Known Member

Some of y'all motherfuckers need some Jesus!

11. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Meh...........some people take a drink out of a Red Bull/monster can for their thanks.....others thank something that is deeper personally for them. 50/50 on it myself, but f*ck it........they won,then they get their moment

brex and cav115 like this.
  12. [​IMG]

:crackup:

G 97 likes this.
  13. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Ever heard someone yell “J C” in anger on pit wall? That’s kinda blaming the big man. No?

14. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

They both do.

15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

So you're saying that you don't thank good living.... but rather Livengood? :crackup:

Gorilla George and Spang308 like this.
  16. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

You'd probably be thanking Jesus if it was a 10mm socket, 'cos he's the only one who can find that bastard.

17. Like when a Receiver doesn't catch a pass, and gets nailed while trying to do so. The Cornerback would be like "thank jesus for putting me in the right spot at the right time to disrupt that pass".

But if that is how shit works, then the Receiver could be like "thanks to jesus, I couldn't catch shit today...and almost got my head knocked off trying to do so".

The Corner was in the right spot at the right time due to extensive training, reaction times, film studies, route knowledge, etc.
    The Receiver didn't catch it either because he was already looking where to run next, or his concentration was broken by the defense, or the ball was poorly thrown, or he just sucked that play.
    That's it.

18. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I've never heard an athlete who had a bad game/race/event give an interview saying it was Gods fault he sucked that day, which I think is the point :D

19. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

If your mechanic is looking for a 9mm, you will be able to thank Jesus in person quite soon.

tl1098, Rebel635 and JJJerry like this.
  20. twodocs

twodocs Well-Known Member

Herrin saying 'they pay me every time I say Fresh n' Lean' was pretty funny.

Laz likes this.