1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey Guys , I got something on my mind again. Barnacle Bill

Discussion in 'General' started by barnacle bill, Sep 16, 2019.

1. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

It's been almost 15 yrs since I did the" Custom Barnacle Bill Suit For 5.00" thread and I am seriously thinking about doing something similar for another cause to sort of try and right a wrong that was done to a bunch of kids and the families that support them. I have to think about how I'm going to present this so I probably had better sleep on it but I would appreciate a little feedback . For those of you that's going to go to the old thread remember it's 15 yrs old. all the best and good night for now. b bill and darethea

SpeedyE likes this.
  2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I have no idea what this is about, but it sounds worthy and I am in :)

SpeedyE likes this.
  3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Sounds like a raffle of sorts to me...... $5 buy-in's and in the end a drawing is made and winner gets a BB custom suit?

4. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Shenanigans likes this.
  5. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

Whatever you decide, I'm in.

6. kyle carver

kyle carver Well-Known Member

Hi Bill
    I sort of afraid to ask but how is Chris? I hope you are well
    Thanks

7. barnacle bill

Chris is still hanging in there .. he has more tenacity than most adults I know. still the perpetual 6 year old. I'l tell him that you asked about him next time I see him.

GixxerBlade and Shenanigans like this.
  8. barnacle bill

Yes, that is about exactly what it is . I will go into more details when it's a go and it's launched but it is for a good cause and every cent donated will go there. because of inflation the minimum donation will be 10.00 this time but someone is going to get the last Barnacle Bill suit that's ever built in any format track, roadrace, drag race or flat track . I know my hourglass has a lot more sand in the bottom of it than it does in the top but I still have another suit in me that I want someone to have and I want it to be something special and I'll need my motorcycling friends to help make it so and we'll be helping a bunch of kids overcome a great disappointment . I would really like to get about 1000 participants but all are welcome to join in . b bill

ToofPic, RichB, rcarson15 and 6 others like this.
  9. barnacle bill

Hey Mongo . I should have cleared this with you first before I brought this up. sorry . I hope it's OK? b bill

10. surfingsk8r

surfingsk8r Well-Known Member

Granted I don't make the rules around here but I would think that because it's for a good cause and because you are OG around here and not just trolling for exposure he will be good with it.

ToofPic likes this.
  11. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Morning Bill. Finally tried my suit on last night and it fits perfect and looks amazing...you did a fantastic job and I look forward to wearing it for real in a couple of weeks. And I'm in for the raffle:D
    Hope to come hang with you when things quiet down a bit...Kelly

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Let us know the cause as soon as you can. I'm in for a donation even if I don't need a suit.

Sabre699 likes this.
  13. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I'm in and dibbs on the suit, with an additional donation in your name, should you win it.

Can we update where to send the donations and do we still make the payment information out to Barnacle Bill c/o the kid's name?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  14. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

Hey Bill I'm in! You did a awesome job fixing my suit (hence the pic in my avatar) a couple years back its still looking good as new!

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

If I should win (unlikely), I'll sell it on the beeb for a reasonable price and donate 100% to Bill's cause.

rcarson15, AC1108 and cav115 like this.
  16. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

[​IMG]

Ducti89 likes this.
  17. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

:beer: Positive vibes will be needed

18. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

I'm in

19. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

He’s busy destroying road racing, not well-intended charity. If he were to scuttle this, Ev would, well, let’s not go there. :D
    I’m in.

20. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

In.

Hello Bill!