1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks to the one that made it all possible...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Gorilla George, Sep 16, 2019.

1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

not gona thank the Maytag Man or the Whirlpool Wizard??? lol

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Don’t kid yourselves. The Jesus dyno is real.

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

I think you mean Garrett Gerloff. He always references his Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You are all very welcome. There is nothing wrong with a little testifying/witnessing to me. I ain't gonna do anything special for it but it's always nice to have people suck up.

jd41, Phl218 and Chino52405 like this.
  5. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

And this affects your life how? I mean it has to be some considerable effect on your life or consequence. What is it?

Next thing you know, people will be bitching about racers claiming they gave it 110%.

Good one, Mongo!

drop and jd41 like this.
  6. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Do me a favor and video it...:D

7. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

This is a factual impossibility...just like the other thing..... ;););):D:D

Gorilla George likes this.
  8. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Cam does it too, just in a less annoying way.

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'm not gonna video my own beat down. :D

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Garret does yes.....but I'm pretty sure I've heard Cambeau also say "the man upstairs for keeping me safe" more than a couple times.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Although you gotta wonder why they need a microphone to thank a ubiquitous superior being (I mean, you could have a whole conversation with him on the cooldown lap, he should be able to hear it just fine), I don't see the big deal if it's just one sentence. A whole sermon is definitely more annoying. I'd rather hear about on-track battles and tire wear.

SpeedyE, K51000 and Gorilla George like this.
  12. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Think of it as an instructional video for others as what not to do. Think of the children! :D

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Meh, it doesn’t bother me in the slightest. Nothing wrong with being spiritual and having some faith. JMO.
    Huge difference between claiming your faith in God vs. preaching to others about it.

Phl218 and jd41 like this.
  15. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Yeah, they both do it but Cam does it at a club racer level. Gerloff is on another planet with his allah bullshit.

Gorilla George and R1Racer99 like this.
  16. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

In a case like this, people seem inclined to thank God for preventing them from being injured in a crash. Personally, I would have been more thankful for a bit more tire grip. Mysterious ways, I suppose. As far as podium speeches go, a quick thank you to God is fine. Save the preaching for Sunday morning.

17. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

"I'd like to thank god for giving me the talent..." How bloody arrogant is that?

18. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

That fits in my definition of “taking the Lord's name in vain”.

19. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Yea, and my dad used to tell me monsters lived under my bed so i wouldn't get out of bed. I grew out of that nonsense sooner or later.

Gorilla George and Laz like this.
  20. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

During a particularly ridiculous awards ceremony with some females going full cliche chatterbox, I thanked the organizers, corner workers and my main sponsor "Brief Podium Speech Training International"

600 dbl are likes this.