1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks to the one that made it all possible...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Gorilla George, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Lots of people have complained about the parroting of "thanks to blah and blah and blah" that all riders/athletes/drivers do. We know it is required, but it kinda gets old. Or it wouldn't be so bad if some trash talking was mixed in like the old Herrin and Eslick feuding from DSB.

But that doesn't get on my nerves as bad as when people sit there and on about a mini sermon for 5 minutes.

"I have to give thanks to the one that made it all possible, my lord and savior, the one that filled my dreams, the one that delivered me from a life of sin, the one that makes my velveeta melt and my bread toasty, the one that.......blah blah blah...without god I wouldn't have been able to achieve any of this...".

IMO, that is right up there with the gay stuff. If you believe in all that, so be it. More power to you. You do you. But it doesn't need to be paraded around in public, thrown in people's faces, and spewed on camera at every opportunity.

When they go on, and on, and on, and on...I just want to be like "really, got any facts to back that up?...got a picture of jesus on the dyno?"

That's all.

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I only wanna know why no one blames the same entity when they are sitting on the pit wall after an off or mechanical. No one ever blames that when they lose. You can't claim they are responsible for everything and then only give them credit when the outcome is positive.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    crashman, sbk1198, awalk9905 and 3 others like this.
  3. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

100% agree...

But that Jesus Dyno...

:crackup:

4. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

come on out to southern california. statistically speaking, we should be able to find at least one shop with a dyno that employs Jesus. :D

crashman, Rebel635, JJJerry and 4 others like this.
  5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

oh lord.

7. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

I despise it when people credit the lord baby Jesus for making them all better. Nothing for the doctors? Or paramedics? They had no part in it?

Gorilla George likes this.
  8. :crackup:

9. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Beautiful sunny day: "The Lord has granted us with this wonderful weather.

Hurricane: "Mother nature is a cunt."

10. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Safe to say you’re not a Witness, then.

11. Jesus gave them the power to make the person better. Dontcha know that? :D

12. jd41

jd41 Well-Known Member

People don't show gratitude nowadays and you guys complain when they are grateful? lol ok

cav115 likes this.
  13. 600 dbl are

I would like to thank all the little people I stepped on to get here. :D

The.Johnner likes this.
  14. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Well bless your naive little heart!

15. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Yeah this is a weird rant.

16. 600 dbl are

For you and me maybe, did you already forget who posted it :eek::D

K51000 likes this.
  17. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I often show gratitude to those who actually do things for me. I don't often ask them to do it and then give the credit to someone else. When my underwear show up clean in the drawer I don't thank some mythical entity for them getting there in that condition. I generally turn and thank the women that 's been washing them for 25+ years.

Tomorrow when I open the drawer I am going to scream "thank Jesus Christo..clean underwear." and see how that goes over.

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Cam Beaubier always thanks the man upstairs in his podium interviews if you notice ;)

cav115 likes this.
  19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I guess we see who the third will be after Ric Ocasek...

20. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Big difference between giving a shout out and a sermon. Although I prefer the Scott Pruett "Hi to my family at home" interjection. :crackup:

The.Johnner likes this.