1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2019 | Round 13 | Misano | Italy | Sep 13-15

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I was stating a fact. Not why he did it lol. Stop being so emotional. Rossi never had as many wins in a season so he has never won in a way Marquez has. Rossi has never had poles like Marquez. Everything I stated was facts. Yes Rossi has better stats in other areas. I’ve never argued this. I’m just saying I believe he will surpass Rossi in most stuff. Other records he won’t be able to if he remains fit.

2. Quicktoy

If you think ANY MotoGP racer doesn’t give a shit about Pole then you’ve lost all brain function. You don’t think when he was starting in those second and third rows that he wasn’t busting his ass trying to be on pole during qualifying? Or he just phoned in qualifying cause he knew he had the races in the bag? Is this what you’re saying? Lol.

418 likes this.
  3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Rossi doesn't care about Saturdays. He works on his Sunday bike while the others are all falling over each other trying to get on TV.

4. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

MM will never rate with Rossi for one reason. He’s too young, he started too late.
    He has reached his peak in the “computer era”.
    If his intention is to beat Rossi’s records, then he needs to break the records that Rossi has set.
    This is simply impossible. 500’s don’t exist anymore. Two strokes don’t exist anymore.
    Rossi’s fans know this, the world knows this (except for the BBS)
    Rossi’s fan base was created during the incredible and diverse evolution of MotoGP.
    MM’s fan base is being created in an entirely different era, an era where motorcycles are controlled by computers, not raw talent.

Rossi will be remembered as the biggest influence/inspiration/dominator of MotoGP.

MM will be remembered as the IT tech Honda rider. Honda should just do it and get HP and Apple as their main sponsors.

It’s HIGHLY unlikely any rider on the grid today, or in the next 10 years, will successfully race into their 40’s. Rossi’s life and timing and talent are certainly one of a kind. The world knows this (except the BBS)
    And this is why Rossi will ALWAYS be known as the Goat.

To compare the two to is really pretty stupid.

5. Mblashfield

Truth.

6. Mblashfield

Most of Rossi’s allure came/comes from him starting on row 3. He would consistently and systematically work through the pack by making spectacular passes for the win.
    He knew EXACTLY what he was doing.
    This made for the most exciting racing.
    With all of MM’s championships, they were boring as fuck by comparison.

Another reason to never compare the two.

The best reason to never compare the two is because you can’t.

One is fucking brilliant and the world loves him, the other is a fuckstain.

MachineR1, motoracer1100 and motion like this.
  7. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Pretty harsh calling Rossi a fuckstain. He used to be a good rider, he deserves a little respect for that.

8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

This is correct!

Rossi would often find himself down in 7th, 8th place with 5 laps to go, and then you just knew it was coming. It was like he relished the utter demolition of everyone in front of him.

9. Quicktoy

I truly love both equally. So your comment is racist as you judged me lol.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Did you watch his interview the last time he got a pole position? For someone who doesn't care, he seemed to care a lot.

Obviously, he's always known that Sunday's what matters most. But you guys can take denial to an impressive level sometimes. :D

The Great One, 418, Slider82 and 2 others like this.
  11. Quicktoy

It’s comical.

12. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Can we get a dedicated thread for this convo and treat it like the youtube scenario?

The Great One likes this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You should hang out in more interesting threads until it's over. May I suggest the eggroll thread?

Quicktoy likes this.
  14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Pick any of the various G.O.A.T. threads.

Quicktoy likes this.
  15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And Rossi was in Rossi's first 100 races. What's your point?:D

Quicktoy likes this.
  16. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Since Rossi didn't race with drum brakes, he can never be considered in a GOAT conversation with Agostini.

badmoon692008, Razr, Phl218 and 2 others like this.
  17. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

This is true.

It’s hailwood.

18. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

That because Michelin bailed his ass out time and time again on Sunday. The fact is, if Michelin wasn't tailor making rubber for Rossi, his first few years at Yamaha would be very, very different.

I have to believe you are trolling, no one can be this stupid.

badmoon692008 and Quicktoy like this.
  19. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

I one up your drum brakes with a screamer 500cc 2 stroke, 180 mph plus, and a frame that acts like a pretzel.

Phl218 likes this.
  20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Come on, man. They post enough weak shit for you to choose from. No need to try to downplay his actual strengths. The man has pulled off enough miracles on Sundays to give him that much credit.

The Great One likes this.