1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All things TTR125

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by Wheel Bearing, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

I finally picked a TTR125LE up for some mini racing and will slowly be working on going through it and prepping it in the coming weeks (in between the WERA rounds). I have a bunch of random questions about it though, and a bunch more I forgot to write down...

- BT-45's are the go-to tire, but what about tube size? Do you need a different tube size for the tires?

- Is removing the easy button/battery really worth it? I have no intentions of removing it. Is a light weight battery worth the cost of admission?

- Everyone says EBC brake pads are the way to go, but which compound?

- Which brand makes decent replacement plastics? Does everyone leave the stock front fender as-is or cut it super moto style?

2. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Cut down the front fender, I've not found cheap replacement plastics, whatever you go with for pads get HH sintered, if I were to remove anything it'd be the kickstart before I tossed the e-start, and yes get tubes to match the size BT45s you mount.

TurboBlew likes this.
  3. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

About damned time JOHN!!!!!

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I bought some michelin HD tubes based on @Robby-Bobby reco a few years ago. Id steer clear of the house branded stuff
    that Cycle Gear & shops sell. Lots of problems with those. Price difference of about $10 per wheel.

There are some universal vented fenders that work well. Browse Ebay.

Keep an eye on the spokes. Also keep a complete spare throttle... cause the TTR ones can get damaged in a crash.

And dont whoolie it...lol.

5. Wheel Bearing

I found it somewhere, but can't find it again - what's the difference between the BT45V and BT45H? It's for the front tire, the rear is only available in the V.

6. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

We ended up getting our daughter a kickstart only ttr125 with the 14" rear. What Ive found so far is the 16" rear wheel from our rt100 will almost work with a wheel bearing/spacer swap,and the rt100 front rim bolts on directly......but the 14" model TTR already has a 17" front,so no reason to swap to the 18"F that I can see.

7. Floyd

Floyd New Member

V and H are speed ratings . The H works just as well . Make sure you install tubes to match the tire size . 100/99 = 3.25/3.50" ? If ridden lots check the tubes mid season . They tend to wear out tubes with the low pressures run .

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  8. Wheel Bearing

Tires, tubes ordered. Should be close to mini-moto ready by mid June...big bikes have the priority for now, but I'll definitely be turning laps by the end of June!

9. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Looking for a spare 14" rear wheel for my daughters bike if anybody has one they do not need.Sticking with the 14" so we have a quick direct swap between the knobby and street/blacktop tire.Thanks