1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Bombshell....

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

MotoAmerica at Indy Motor Speedway...

2. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Congratulation, WERA team!!

R/T Performance likes this.
  3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

And njmp has been dropped from what I heard

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not WERA but I have already started asking if they want us to bring a class or two :crackup:

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Can't blame them on that one depending on the deal they had with the track. Sucks being that close to most of the people on the east coast and still can't get them to the track.

BigBird likes this.
  6. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

7. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

I wonder if they consulted Ben Spies first?

8. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Damnit! It's that reading thing..

9. twodocs

twodocs Well-Known Member

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I love how everyone keeps trying to make fun of him for that. He's not wrong on the amount of money being spent/lost best I can tell, his opinion on how long someone is willing to do that is just that, an opinion.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

12. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Thats awesome .

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Works for us too, we'll try to keep Nelson as the weekend after and have nothing on that weekend in the area since it was their Pitt Race date.

cav115 likes this.
  14. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Sooo.. what gearing y'all running on the SVs? Asking for a friend.

15. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Awesome!

16. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

So @ Pitt also, different date?

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I would guess so. It seems like it's been a great event for them so I can't see them not doing it again. IMS however really needs to be done as part of the entire bike party in town so moving the Pitt date would be the best plan.

cav115 likes this.
  18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah man, make the Indy race part of a giant event. Racing and night life and events in town and guns and fire trucks and fireworks and midgets riding tricycles while smoking cigars and monkey gladiators fighting lions and kick ass locals who actually want the fans to come and B52 fly overs and bands and shit for the kids to do and guns and just enough "here, hold my beer" stupid and just awesome.

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

So they're opening up the facility just to host MA? I didn't see any mention in that article that its acting as a support class for MotoGP or WSBK or something. How is that even financially feasible? Was under the impression that Indy was very cost prohibitive? Not very likely to fill the grandstands for a MA event like you would for a MotoGP.

rcarson15 likes this.
  20. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 1