1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto America - NJMP - Sept 7-8 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Quite right, but this is NJMP where people have been given tickets by the State Troopers for exceeding the pit lane speed limit in the past so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that someone could have ended up in the back of a police car.

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

and well pit bikes need to be road legal. Though, this year I did see that if you paid $50 a day that you could use a off-road pitbike.

3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Sure, but is dad an upstanding role model or what?

4. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

I just want to know what he was going to do if the M4 boys hadn't held him back. I haven't seen a good closeline in a while!

badmoon692008 likes this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

I mean, when you trying to protect your kid or right what you think is a wrong done to them, role model sometimes goes out the window and the emotions take over. And i'm sure this wasn't the first time this has occurred with rider v rider

6. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I imagine his plan was to shove Gilliam off his bike. LOL

7. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

and then take a proper beating from Hayden

8. I am voting drop kick.

9. JBarx

JBarx Status: None.

Man, now we've veered into the fantasy fight territory. We just need someone to video a hypothetical play-by-play with a color commentary sidekick and we'll be all set.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  10. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Or his team members. And luck has it Hayden's father wasn't there. Luckily Pat was restrained. Once the first punch is thrown, the gloves are off, mate. Hayden and his family are first class folks, and I love them, and their passion for racing is as strong as anyone in the paddock. Hayden would never, ever deliberately punt another rider, no matter what the armchair crew chiefs say here from their awesome spot on the couch. Period.

I have worked with a lot of young riders. Some of them have racedad issues. I am really good at telling the racedad to shut up and sit down in a lawn chair if he needs it, usually the kids like that. In this case, no one had control of this particular racedad until the last moment, and that's on the team. Poor management.

BTW, calling the sheriff was discussed. We are not that kind of team, however, next time it might be reconsidered.

Pitdad42, stk0308, G 97 and 2 others like this.
  11. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Not all dads. I don’t think dad beauchamp has done or said anything to the crybabies that are talking shit and confronting his son.

r6boater, yokohama1, stk0308 and 3 others like this.
  12. drop

drop Well-Known Member

It was absolutely on purpose. And lol at calling the cops for a water bottle. Maybe the other team should also for aggravated assault with a motor vehicle. Sounds just as stupid huh.

Hayden is dirty. Period

13. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Only a fool would argue with idiots.

14. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

They just need to mimic what Cleveland Speedway did years ago. They put a couple of pairs of Boxing gloves in the flag stand and announced at the drivers meeting if you feel the need to fight just pull up there AFTER the race and go at it.

Boxing gloves at the podium could be entertaining. Can’t see any of the riders wanting to go toe to toe with Hayden though. LOL

15. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

That's a really good family. I like Kurtiss.

16. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Would have been hilarious to see him yelling at Hayden and then pouring water on him. Too bad he got restrained and had to throw the bottle.

17. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I would hope the first time someone acted the ass that, in hindsight, they realized how foolish it was and, in the future, restrained themselves.

No one can convince me that a racedad/mom, or racer, at the pro level hasn't had an opportunity to experience and reflect upon someone's poor behavior on their journey to the upper level. Not taking action to control that negativity allows it to persist.
    As it has to do with the crewmembers that interceded, they've obviously learned from previous experience and should be commended for their actions. It would likely have been uppercuts all around without their quick reaction.

Yzasserina likes this.
  18. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

Nope. Kurtiss just shrugs it off and moves on to the next race

r6boater likes this.
  19. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Actually it looks like someone was to call the coppers, unless MotoAmerica swiftly and severely punished Mr Kelly for throwing an half empty water bottle. Hahahahaha, calling the cops for a thrown water bottle, seriously, that would been worse than actually throwing the said water bottle.

upload_2019-9-11_12-52-31.jpeg

23103a likes this.
  20. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

This is starting to sound like an episode of Jersey Shore.

Right after the final races at Barber, the entire SS600 and Twins Cup paddock needs to get together and have a pillow fight to get their season frustrations out. For safety, all riders should wear full gear during the pillow fight.