1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

hair-pie-sank-you-thread-about-pie-only-page-50096594.png

2. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Go with the PiePan. You can always add an IWC. Pie's getting scarce.

3. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

4. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Color me shocked. Another douchey move by an NFL player. You'd almost think they get paid more for being divas... oh wait, they do.

5. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

7. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Correct. Also the only player his side of the net.

@NemesisR6 I can't really blame Beckham Jr., he's just playing the game, and I don't mean football. It's a short career and these guys are all much more concerned about cash than winning.

8. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

:rolleyes: Riiiiight............cause I'm sure the media and (subsequently) the league would have had the same reaction had it been a plastic Dora the Explorer watch he was wearing in honor of some kid with cancer.......you know, cause the "douchey move" in question here was not following the rules.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm lost. Sports stars get paid to wear high end watches. There is a reason F1 drivers get handed their hat, water bottle, and watch when they get out of the car. Same for a lot of GP riders. What's douchey about it? Beckham breaking the rules to promote a watch brand is a douche move. Putting it on after the game for the interviews and such would not have been a douche move. Although I'd bet JBraun wouldn't agree with me on it :D

10. Jedb

I wonder if Beckham Jr. has to declare that as income (assuming they gave it to him).

11. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Nope. We agree. Lame watch, but that’s not what we’re talking about here...

12. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

The douche move is wearing it during a game to draw attention to yourself. Unfortunately that’s the NFL. Winning is a distant runner up to money and fame for many of these guys.

Attention seeking aside, you can’t wear a heavy chunk of metal on your wrist while playing a violent sport. Seems pretty elementary.

13. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I would think a G-Shock is the better choice. Or how about a smart watch and every play gets sent in with no huddle! The possibilities are endless.

JBraun likes this.
  14. Jedb

15. Phl218

Phl218 .

16. Jedb

Hiding in a box that got donated is the only thing that comes to my mind, or a spiteful partner.
    It's, arguably, the most known watch brand in the world, and even to a novice, worth something...

SMH...

Phl218 likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes. It'd be part of the income he receives as sponsorship.

18. Jedb

Richard Mille: "Here's your free watch"
    OBjr: "Cool, thanks!"
    IRS: "Here's your 125,000 tax bill..."
    OBjr: :(

19. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

20. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I assume he has a good accountant / tax guy that structures his empire. The watch is probably owned by a foundation and loaned to him or some noise like that. Rich folks don’t pay taxes on non-sense like this! Come on now....

NemesisR6 and Jedb like this.