1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nelson Ledges

Discussion in 'General' started by mpusch, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Rich Graver

Rich Graver Well-Known Member

1:051 ; Taylor Knapp, 1:095 ; Rocco Landers on a 400

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    rk97 likes this.
  2. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Rocco did a 1:08.8 on a 400 on Sunday. Silly.

rk97 and rcarson15 like this.
  3. bacolmm

bacolmm Well-Known Member

CJ LaRoche got into the 6's on a 600

4. joec

joec brace yourself

How's the new pavement?

5. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Given that lap records fell across multiple classes this year, I'd say better than it's ever been.

6. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

1:08 on a 400 tells you all you need to know about the pavement! That’s absolutely hauling the mail for a 400, I don’t care who’s riding it. :bow:

7. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Yeah, breaking 1:12 was a novice podium before the repave.

Fast guys were in the 1:07’s, but a low 1:05 was impossible.

8. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Thats just sick.

9. Rich Graver

Rich Graver Well-Known Member

There's no marker bumps!

5axis and joec like this.
  10. rwdfun

rwdfun

1st world problems :rolleyes:

11. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Buddy of mine asked about the line through T3 and I wanted to be like, "the bumps used to show you the exact line"! :D

JJJerry and 5axis like this.
  12. fastedyamaha

13. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Since I never had anything good to say about the place I feel it's only fair to concur that the surface is AMAZING. Only bump I noticed was at the end of the back straight, and wasn't enough to cause a problem (at least wide open on a clapped out SV). I was sore for days after, not a lot of hard braking, but HIGH speed corners that go on forever. Grip level was as high as anywhere I've been, yet tire wear was not bad at all (SC2 rear lasted 4 hours with only small sliding at the end). Yes, the facilities suck. The semi-permanent bathrooms were the nicest structures on the property. The pit layout is a huge clusterfuck. The optimist in me says the millions of tires are a good thing- they ensure that the property will be 100% un-sellable for any non-motorsports use... it would be a Superfund site. The place sucks to get to- it's only 3 hours from my house but it seems twice as far. My best advice would be to bring your own accommodations, food/drinks/etc.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The pit layout would work if people would stop shoving into every tiny crevice to be up by pit lane.

15. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Sean, any word from the track regarding moving the tire wall back on the outside of the kink and T12?

I understand how some walls at circuits can't be moved. Property lines...physically impossible...etc. This just doesn't seem to be the case here. I don't see how a 'dozer couldn't move all that shit back.

16. fastedyamaha

There’s wetlands all the way down the back straight on the outside of the track...you just can’t see it because it drops off so much on the outside

17. Jim

Jim Know your grids...

I know the owner is working on everything you guys are worried about. Nelson is a work in progress. And compared to the past, what we have seen so far is "light speed". Support the track and I think it will pay off.

Jim Sublet

18. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Kudos to the kid who is trying to make a go with Nelson...He needs support not upper cuts.....

cav115 likes this.
  19. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

For sure, huge commitment paving the place (PROPERLY). I can live with the shortcomings, just sharing my observations.

I liked seeing a bunch of dogs at the track, but FFS people- pick up your dogs shit.

Tim_B730 and renegade17 like this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They're continuing to work on it and that is already back much further than the bad old days.