1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd-Ball Picture of the Day

Discussion in 'General' started by bitchcakes, Sep 27, 2014.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Yup. They ought to throw that dipshit that made that story up in prison as an accomplice to every crime that was committed during that mess.

2. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

<sniff> is that the smell of dungeon I detect?

Sabre699 likes this.
  3. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Can't get away from the stench of it.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Poopourri.

Past Glory likes this.
  5. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Pootonium 99

6. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

7. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

He’s probably already in jail for something else. I don’t have a dog in the fight, so to speak, but south and west counties are great. It’s the city and north county that makes the whole metro area look bad to outsiders.
    My area is as quiet and calm as can be. We like it like that. As such, we take care of our area. But that’ll never make the news. They only focus on the shitty areas. Oh well.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Where are you at?

9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What’s oddball about that?

11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

It's a NATO MIG. :Poke:

12. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Another planet :rolleyes:

13. Banditracer

14. Banditracer

This thread went off the oddball rails about 700 pages ago. You're here enough to know that. :Poke:

It really should be titled "The Random Photo " thread like it was on the old beeb before we lost it.

MELK-MAN and BigBird like this.
  15. auminer

Perhaps it's more odd than even you realized. It really IS a NATO MIG.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MilitaryPo...man_mig_29_launching_a_wympel_r27_air_to_air/

East Germany had MiG-29s. After the reunification they were tested by Germany and NATO and chosen to stay in service to bridge the 12 year gap until the implementation of the Eurofighter. Appareantly they performed pretty well during tests. They were refited for NATO compatibility and put out of service and given to Poland in the early 2000s when the Eurofighter came into service. Although I think the Luftwaffe kept 1 or 2 for presentations or something like that.

Other than that Germany doesn't really use Russian tech. They basically got them for free because of the reunification and most of the military decision makers actually were against using them but the defense minister back then decided to test them anyway. In fact the US were pretty interested in those tests as well because MiGs were being used by Iraq and the US anticipated air combat against them in the early 90s.

16. brex

brex Well-Known Member

There are a few NATO members with MiG 29s. Including the United States.

auminer likes this.
  17. auminer

Every day is a school day. It never occurred to me to ponder what happened to the armaments in the possession of Warsaw Pact satellites in the breakup.

I read a comment post that the T-72 is the most numerous NATO tank, too, but haven't found a backup source for that allegation yet.

18. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Near 44 & 141.

19. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

ТЛ ДР

auminer likes this.
  20. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

And we now present: a low cornering, clubmen legal dog....

upload_2019-9-6_12-21-24.png

BHP41, 03RumbleBee, 2blueYam and 10 others like this.