1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harley regret?

Discussion in 'General' started by wera313, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Mike Lafayette

Mike Lafayette Well-Known Member

Two years ago I came up with the brilliant idea that I wanted to ride coast to coast and I thought it best be done on a Harley - I bought an Electra Glide Ultra Limited. It was a nice bike, loaded with everything. When I rode it near or just above the speed limit, it was fun to ride, but anything much over that it got sketchy. When I rode with Harley people, things were good, when I rode with people on sportier bikes that liked to ride faster I got into some right hand corners with everything dragging pushing me towards the center of the road and traffic going in the opposite direction. I never got into the other lane but closer than I felt comfortable with. Couple those unpleasant experiences with the fact it weighed 900+ pounds and I sold it after putting ~3000 miles on it. I replaced it with a BMW R1200RT and I couldn't be happier! Wonderful bike, 600 pounds wet (with 6 gallons of gas), capable of doing the coast to coast trip that I still have yet to do - the BMW is a keeper which I would recommend to anyone who wanted a touring bike with a little sport in it.

ducnut, wera313 and SuddenBraking like this.
  2. gpz11

gpz11 Well-Known Member

Funny, I got a BMW R1200r classic now.

3. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Not really...air heads will be air heads for life.

V-Rod engine being designed by Porsche engineers and water cooled is what put a bad taste in the mouths of the die hard airheads.

For a big cruiser, the Night rod will go. USD forks, steel braided brake lines, slipper clutch....amazingly flickable even with that big 240 tire. I also get less wind blast on the HD than i do on the '16 Tuono, even at over 100 mph.

Another pic of Harley Quinn. :)

harley me her.jpg

4. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Always wanted to throw a leg over a V-Rod. Dude at my gym has one with an aftermarket exhaust, thing sounds like nothing else.

He's a massive douche tho, so I never ask him about it. :crackup:

5. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Oh, I know... I was looking at a black and orange around '12 or so and the dealer didn't even want to talk about it...or the leftover Buells he had hanging around.

6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I've got a customer that bought one last year because he wanted to try one. He was in the shop Tuesday, it's for sale.

7. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

What’s he want for it? No idea what the market is for those things.

8. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Around my area (Quad Cities, rather low. One on FB marketplace right now for 4K with less than 9K miles in Moline, IL

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Is this him?

Just guessing...:D

Could be this douche-knuckle I guess...

Those damn front brakes will kill you...

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  10. G 97

G 97 Garth

Read it and weep

20190904_235425.jpg .

Jeff McKinney likes this.
  11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yeah, why do I get the feeling that you would do the exact same thing while riding a moped. LOL

12. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Is that how many miles it goes before reserve?

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

No, that’s how many times I would lap you on a proper race bike. :Poke::D

14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Weep? I thought Hardleys poured oil out of them?

Is the sump already empty or something?

15. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Number of regrets after buying it? :)

16. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Loved and miss my Road king Classic. I will be getting another one soon. 333344_10151009913671877_632049902_o.jpg

17. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

Is that 1st vid Lorenzo Lamas? Lol.

TurboBlew likes this.
  18. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

Last 20 sec.

19. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

I don’t get the posting of stupid idiots on Harley’s. Should we start posting the bazillion videos of idiots on sport bikes?

I rode a rented Harley in Vegas. Don’t know the model. Front fairing, rear couch seat and bags. It was painfully slow but it ate up miles like nothing. Cruise control, nav, Bluetooth, sound system...pretty cool to cruise around in.

20. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

@Lawn Dart :D