1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can we talk about wakeboard / wakesurf boats?

Discussion in 'General' started by SteveThompson, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Especially when you bass fish every day. I’m just as guilty though as I spend a lot of time in a wakeboard boat too.

2. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Some of my WI friends are into wake surfing. Funny thing is, they think that they actually know how to surf.

Two of them came to visit me in Cali a few weeks back and I got them in the water at Avalanche. It was only like 4-6’, and neither of them even made it into the lineup. I’ve never laughed so hard in my life.

Captain Morgan likes this.
  3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

So, are you out there for the bass or the bass?

4. Depends what boat I’m in :)

5. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I have nothing to add other than the year old mastercraft and Malibu I got behind this year are so much better than they were back when we were at the lake a lot in 2010. Electronics, wake settings etc are great now.

We had a centurion and I liked it but these new boats are sick!

6. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

The only reason for a wake boat is to make wake. For jetski's.

TLR67 likes this.
  7. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

I saw a new Mastercraft at the boat show 4 years ago. I asked what the price was. She said 147. I said 47?
    ? 147K and no bathroom? I think The Ben has a Mastercraft.

8. Ya they make it pretty easy. Maybe that k51000 guy needs some.

9. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Check out Tige... I work in Georgia but we are a direct distributor from them out of TX.. Check out our Inventory here www.marinemax.com and if you see something your interested in shoot me a Email at [email protected]

10. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Yep, and most of the time I see them with 8-10 people on board as well.

11. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

Sounds like your friends not only think they can surf but also think they can swim! lol

JBraun likes this.
  12. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

My brother-in-law has a Mastercraft X23

Really nice although he has had an intermittent issue with the radio/sound system...also, I think it needs additional ballast to get a bit bigger/longer wake.

I’d never spend that kind of money on a boat but then again, I don’t have that kind of money. It is nice knowing someone with one though!

13. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Wake boats = Water Busas

beechkingd, cpettit and ChemGuy like this.
  14. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Do you know what year his X23 is? That is one of my top picks at the moment.

I talked to the Moomba dealer yesterday. They were really nice and have offered a demo. I didn't realize that the better Moomba is the Supra. I think the Supra is a potential option.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I got nothing to add about boats since I know jack spit about them but the title cracks me up.

"Can we talk about. . ." There's threads about vacuum cleaners, quilting, guns, that one time Cannoli asked about penis pumps, cat litter versus oil dry for oil clean up, spiders, snakes, lizards, sitting versus standing to pee, watches, pens and that's barely the start of some of the shit talked about here . . . I'd say you can talk about wakeboard boats. :D

16. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I thought the title was more rhetorical, but I see your point. :beer:

17. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Aw, c'mon. You read waterboarding just like I did.
    Yeah, I say “Go for it!”
    :crackup:

18. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

One option outside of the box is to join a boat club. My brother is part of one in Nashville. I have never leased a car and I like to own things, butt......

They have a full fleet of new mastercrafts, runabouts and pontoon boats. The mastercrafts are 100 grand boats. Between depreciation, storage, maintainece, insurance, cleaning, it actually makes since just to avoid 90 % of the bullshit and constant maintenance the these new wake boats involve. Between all the ballasts, trim tabs, cruise, electronics and wiring, ect

You call them the boat is on a lift waiting. Drop the boat, have fun, come back and walk away. Having lived and currently working on boats it's one thing that would cost some money on paper but will cost a lot less of time and headaches in the long run.

Remember boating should be fun, not a pain in the ass money pit which is what every boat over 16ft is.

19. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

If it floats, flys or F@+#$.......rent it

20. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Yep.
    2 outta 3 on that list...looking for a PAWG to complete the trifecta...:D

Fonda Dix likes this.