1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Had to think really fast, and turn my K5 GixxerLiter Bike into a Supermoto...

Discussion in 'General' started by K51000, Jun 8, 2019.

1. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Hey Dee Zum, yes, I do get it, and I got it the first time you said it. AND, I never thought he was wearing ear plugs b/c sometimes motorcycles drive past his farm- OK?
    Are we having a bad day?

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

No. I had a pretty fantastic day actually. Took the day off and got a lot of shit done around the house.

I just took a moment to remind you to own this episode of idiocy you felt you needed to share with us.

Shit like what you did is why people on sport bikes get a bad reputation in the General Populace.

Your age makes it even more embarrassing for you to be doing that kind of shit.

But thanks for your concern on my day.

Bloodhound likes this.
  3. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

My god man. Clueless.

"Hey guys, remember that stupid shit I did, and then bragged about? No? Here it is again!"

scottn likes this.
  4. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Clear, evident sign of narcissism. No doubt his social media is filled with selfies as well. :Poke:

5. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

He's starting to remind me of Shaun Harris. Maybe he's had his bell rung one too many times, hence the nonsensical behavior. It's not just in this thread either. Just completely out of touch with reality, much like Shaun. Either that, or he's just a little dim.

6. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Oh, God!

Is this still going on? :crackup:

7. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Lucky?
    Clean living?
    Having a life?
    Count your blessings and don't waste time reading the whole thing!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    Shenanigans, MachineR1 and scottn like this.
  8. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I somewhat disagree here.....Shaun was focused on racing, probably way more than was healthy for him, but he was very good at it....and it probably did affect his life in ways he was not seeing clearly.....focus vs nonsensical, ok, some, but.......

I dont think thats the case here, shall we say.....I dont see K5's behavior here being attributed to attempting to reach a very high level of a professional sport, like the Isle of Man TT.

I dont know what is driving it, but its different than with Shaun, IMO....again, IMO.

Its funny, but also sad this is still going.......die thread.....please?

9. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

I feel like RD is maybe correct, this guy reads like Morris or Shaun. Maybe he'll chime back in. Perhaps he's had a tbi from an accident in the past.

10. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I'm not saying there isnt something here Pat.....more stating there was a highly focused piece of Shaun that may have driven some other issues / lack of attention....there were highs and lows with Shaun. I'm not seeing that here.

I do agree that what Morris unfortunately went thru may be making sense.

11. Wow, you are a local legend. You should come up here to NE Ga and win a race up the mountains as you don’t have to worry about tractors so much.

K51000 likes this.
  12. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Well no shock here, yes, I've had a few.

I am an anomaly in a way because when I was 25/ turned 26 in the hospital, I was racing bicycles and doing triathlon at the time, and was hit by a car broadside coming home from a training ride in '86.
    I was a Glascow Coma Scale #3 for over a week, and fast forward until today, and here I am. Less than 5% have done that.
    I've had a few other TBI's, that did not result in such a low GCS minutes afterward.
    Just a bit over 2 years ago, I went flying into the woods near Ottawa WI, and broke 4 ribs, my left scapula, and a transverse process of my T1 vertebra, AND, I was completely unconscious for a few minutes my friends said.- I was FULLY geared up too! I'd of been dead for sure if not.

There were other times too, these are the main ones.

I feel the good Lord was looking out for me on the day of this thread, and kept me alive, no injuries, out of the hospital, not injuring anyone else, and no crash.

I am actually known for being a responsible rider by my friends who ride with me- go figure.

After all that, I still seem to manage to have a higher IQ than your average bear.

I reposted because I thought it was funny that the bar tender mentioned it after all those weeks, that's all. Jeese Louise

13. No shit, you wear earplugs on a tractor for hearing protection because they are so loud. You wear them on a bike more to isolate noise if that makes any sense. Drown out some of the background. Depending on the tractor you can’t barely hear when you have headphones in. We have about 8 active tractors in the farm and one old Massy small tractor we’ve had for about 50 years is loud as hell. We keep it around as it’s been a good workhorse and has become almost a family member. We have some new gps controlled auto pilot ones but something about getting on the old smaller one to move stuff around makes me happy. Off topic but this is the bbs and I figured I’d need to add a “cool story bro”:to this even though 10mph moving wagons around isn’t exactly as cool as telling my story about how I nearly avoided death being a total idiot.

K51000 likes this.
  14. And how do you know this? I’d hate to see the folks you consider average.

ChemGuy likes this.
  15. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Exactly what I was thinking.

16. Mille R

Mille R Well-Known Member

Every village needs an idiot. Congrats : )

17. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Bingo! I'm not trying to be a dick (I'm just that way normally), but as difficult as it may be to hear, the inability to judge certain situations may be related to your previous head injuries. My neuro has already told me to expect a decline in certain brain functions as I get older, and that I'm high risk for dementia. Multiple concussions over the years, but apparently the ones where I was unconscious for more than a few minutes, are the most problematic. Nothing as significant as a coma, though having my head run over at IRP in '85 put me to sleep for 2 hours. I definitely get myself in to trouble in social situations, as my inside thoughts become my outside thoughts with alarming frequency. It seems my filter for appropriate conversation has been affected by my brain injuries, or at least that's what my doctor tells me. I'm not going to fess up that I was an asshole before I started to get knocked out.....

K51000 likes this.
  18. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

In case anyone is interested, the GCS Glascow Coma Scale - #3 I was in, not because I was being sedated, b/c of my head injury and bodies attempt to shut down the all but the basics.
    A GCS #3- is no response to any pain stimulus, no eye opening, and no speech. But I was alive, intubated, etc.
    The only part of it that gives me really bad PTSD from that day though, was my full on out of body experience. Being the fighter that I am/was- I 'went back in' though. Should have stayed in the other side. Too late now though.
    Sure has been a long road to hoe, that's all I want to say about it

19. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

Row

SuddenBraking and Britt like this.
  20. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

》If I were better at the internets, I would post a bunch of annoying gifs of the kid from "Dazed and Confused" pinching the bridge of his nose, 'cause that's how I feel about this 3rd term abortion of a thread《