1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mavros Auction

Discussion in 'General' started by Gino230, Sep 3, 2019.

1. hdpromos

hdpromos Well-Known Member

OMG I knew he had several bikes but what I just saw here is mind blowing. There were times he would enter 8 or more races in a race weekend on several different bikes but I never imagined he had all these! We all have our own Charlie stories and I always thought I had the best one but this revelation tops them all in my book!

R1M370 and MELK-MAN like this.
  2. 418

418 Expert #59

I believe they call this f@ck you money.

3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Never met him, but wish I had.... mind-blowing collection of very tasteful bikes!

YamahaRick and Banditracer like this.
  4. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I talked with him a few times and was hanging out in the garage at njmp when he took delivery of the Rz500.........he told me he had quite a few cool old sport bikes like mine........but wow that’s more than a few

5. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

I literally drooled for 8 straight minutes.......

6. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

There's the TLR I sold him. Good race bike for someone wanting to get into a race TL. I remember him trying to talk me down from $3500 because he didn't have anymore to spend, and he had all these bikes, haha, pure Charlie. Miss racing him with AHRMA. I'm sure his collection will bring some joy to other motorcyclists now.

Metalhead, TLR67 and XFBO like this.
  7. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

I gave him an estimate for a concrete slab to build a garage on about a month or 2 before he passed , about 5-6000 sq/ft garage :crackup:

8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

[​IMG]
    Is this a Factory GP bike??

9. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

No, I think that's his Desmosedici.

The auction company is going to have their hands full, some of those bikes have extensive modification history. For example, that Blue Paul Smart that he raced, you almost have to know what was done to it to see it's true value. It will be interesting to see the listings.

10. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

look at pics of a GP8... Looks identical

11. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Wow, thats a collection. RIP, Charlie.

@MELK-MAN hows his wife? She was very pleasant to my better half just before all that happened.

12. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

Sylvia his fiance is lucky to have survived. the accident was horrible, and she was in hospital for months (she had literally been pulled from the burning rv by a guy that was driving by and saw the accident). Been few months since i spoke with her, saw her at Daytona in March and still in good spirits, remarkable considering. his ex wife (Charlie had been split from her a long time) right after the accident was nice to her, but that all went downhill ... not ideal.

13. joec

joec brace yourself

Jerry is a Ducati guy and was pretty active with lrrs when I was reading up there. I don't think he'll have a problem with that. Lol. @johnnyb probably knows more about what's he's up to these days but I don't think he's been racing. Fwiw ... For the real uninformed, that's Eric and Jeff woods father

14. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

he built a few large buildings on his property here in Tampa to house them Henry.. was quite a site. The best ones were on display in his house. 3 wskb spec bikes were in his living room, a back office had 3 really nice Ducati's. Amazing stuff. Miss that guy.

15. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

16. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

@Dave K creaming over lot 144.

17. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Holy beejeebus Foo !! Thanks for that mental image. :eek:

18. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

219 bikes :eek:

19. Has a thing for online bidding but I see nowhere to register. Sure I’m missing something so I emailed them. There’s a few things I’m going to bid on, have cash and my walk away prices established.

20. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Theres a 565 in there somewhere.